Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

03 Civic Hybrid lowering????

Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Besimple1 is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic Hybrid lowering????

Just wondering if anyone has done this and what is the best way to do it? Obviously, I'm not racing it or ever driving aggressively. I have read that the spring rate is different in the rear than other 03 civics to make up for the added weight from the tank of a battery it has. I'm pretty sure no one has a specific lowering kit for Hybrids... So am I right in assuming, I should do adjustable full coil overs and set them accordingly so my car looks and handles good. I have read through the other threads and haven't found exacts about 03 Hybrids. Also, a camber kit, and what else do I need so I can save my tires? It's got 170,000 on it so I need new shocks anyways. Thanks
Old 08-22-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: 03 Civic Hybrid lowering????

I've never seen a lowered Hybrid, but that would be so awesome!
Go for it!
Old 08-22-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

I've never seen a lowered Hybrid, but that would be so awesome!
Go for it!
Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

gonna need adjustable coilovers for sure. just dont cheap out on the brand/quality. yes there is noticably more weight in the rear so you need stiffer shocks. dont go much lower than 1-1.5 inch all around.
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Besimple1 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do I get stiffer shocks? Do I have to special order the coilover? Or order front (normal) and rears (stiffer) separately? I understand you can order different spring rates with just springs, but do coilovers come with the same rated springs? And what do I need to measure so I get the right ones. I read something about 14mm or 16mm? Thanks
Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i think for 03 it came with different bolt sizes. you would have to check with the company if they work on hybrids. or at least try and remove some weight from the trunk like the spare tire and tools. but full coilovers should already have the shocks rated for the amount of lowering they do.