Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Looking for Comfortable ride suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grewe02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for Comfortable ride suggestions

Hey guys, first post. I'm a solid axle kinda guy, so Independent suspensions kinda boggle me a bit. I've done plenty of wrench turning, so don't be afraid to tell me how it is.

I've searched and searched through the absolute tons of info on this site, and I've decided that there is just way too much information to go through to find what I need.

Anyway, I've got an 03 Civic sedan for my daily driver and I'm looking to replace my control arm bushings up front. I'm sure most guys like to use a stiff Polyurethane type bushing, but I'd rather use a natural rubber bushing for some more cushion.

Of course, I could be completely wrong in my thinking, hence the reason I'm posting here. Looking for some good brands / websites to get me started with my research. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-28-2009
Registered!!

ondalow01 has a spectacular aura aboutondalow01 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking for Comfortable ride suggestions

I believe the only control arm bushings are by energy suspension and yes they are polyurethane, it wont really give you a stiff ride but they are better that the OEM ones since those tend to break easily especially the front ones on the control arms. If you got a press you can do it yourself other than that just take the two control arms out and have a machine shop put the new ones in. The energy ones cost around $50 bucks i believe, you can find it on ebay or Dezod, i'm sure other sites carry them too but im sure these two do.
Old 07-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the LCA poly bushings do not affect the ride quality at all other than cornering performance. the ride is usually based on shocks and springs, not bushings. the bushings only keep the suspension in line and rubber does a poor job even when new.
Old 07-28-2009
Registered!!

Grewe02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, these guys make a complete kit for all the bushings in the car.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...PackageDeal002

Think it's a good deal? I'll find out how much it would cost to install from the local monkey shop. If it's an arm and a leg I'll bust it down myself over a long weekend.
Old 07-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would buy them separately, because different models of civic and trims have different sizes of swaybars. the only ones that are the same are the engine mounts and front LCA bushings.
Old 07-30-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grewe02
Awesome, these guys make a complete kit for all the bushings in the car.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...PackageDeal002

Think it's a good deal? I'll find out how much it would cost to install from the local monkey shop. If it's an arm and a leg I'll bust it down myself over a long weekend.
if you put those on ur ccar, ur ride willl be SIGNIFICANTLY stiffer and you will feel ALOT more of the road... it will not be comfortable, if thats what ur into.
Old 07-30-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

if u really wanna use the ES stuff, search them on ebay. they have an account and their prices on ebay are actually cheaper than some stuff on their site.