Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

coilovers good or bad?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Smile coilovers good or bad?????

just wondering if anyone has or knows anything about bc racing coilovers ive been serching and these seem dam good for $999 plus free shiping they have a web site and from what ive dug up there made by the company that makes megan,form function ect.there supposedly the best technology accumulated from the other brands with better features.also there used alot by evo and wrx owners .so far ive found nothing but good reviews.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-15-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SITNLOW97 will become famous soon enough
Re: coilovers good or bad?????

Honestly never heard of them, also megans suck ive heard. Ive never heard any good things about them. Go with D2's there great and i got mine for 880 shipped.
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

honestly i thougt about d2 there made by ksport i did alot of diging and found d2s have major leaking proplems and last about a year i found mostly bad reviews .how long have you had yours
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Tein SS seems to be the most well-liked and durable...if you can afford it they would be a good choice. Tein Basics work too, although the only adjustment you have is height. I had Ksports, and they were fine, but I had also heard about issues after a year or so of daily driving them (I only put something like 4-5K miles on them, don't remember exactly).
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

you cant go that low with basics...if you have small wheels/tires
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

tein basics also have leeking problems.the bc coilovers are rebuildable they will also completely replace for $95 bucks. also i cant find any bad reviews.if i had the money i would get the tein ss .the bcs $999.shiped.....if u can find a bad review il give u 100 bucks

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-06-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

i havent been able to find any reviews on BC. at least you know Tein is a reputable company that offers 1 year warranty if u buy from an authorized dealer.
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

dude i just spent 20 min looking at tons of bc reviews i still cant find a bad one.....type in bc raceing coilovers review

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-06-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

i meant for the 01-05 coupes, but you can be thefirst one to give us a review. People usually steer away from anything made in Taiwan though
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

i dont know but if wrx sti owners lovem i think ill take the my chance .found a 8th gen review he loved them
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

okay, let us know about it
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

bc might be BUDDY CLUB. if so buddy clubs are very nice pieces.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

but buddy clubs are only available for rsx? which means you can still use em for our car but u need definite tie rods
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice

Megans are great. What are you talking about?
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

no there not buddy club there bach chuan racing br series they make coilovers for many different comanys like megan form and function and some really high end one.they decided to produce there own with all the best parts from the other coilovers beefedem up and put better components on it
Old 02-07-2009
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

Their website makes them sound pretty legit. Mackin Industries aka Volk wheels world wide distributor is doing photo shoots and what not with them.
You can select your own spring rate and they will install the springs and re-valve the dampers.
They have some racing behind them also.
I say get them and write a review.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

well they would be my first coilover setup so i wouldent make a very good critic but ill do my best
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lowlife9
tein basics also have leeking problems.the bc coilovers are rebuildable they will also completely replace for $95 bucks. also i cant find any bad reviews.if i had the money i would get the tein ss .the bcs $999.shiped.....if u can find a bad review il give u 100 bucks
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...ml#post4469925

Apparently you'll be riding the bumps stops. Give me my hundred dollars.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

wow you owe him $100

Last edited by supafil25; 02-07-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

ill give you ten bucks im not tracking my civic just a daily driver.and that was a d2 that was ****ed up not bc bcs steal d2 aluminium .
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

The pictures aren't pertinent. The quote is.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

well im a noob so whats the bottem line should i stay away from these are they that bad ??????
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

no one has personal experience with these that i know of. i didnt even know they were available for our cars. Just be safe and stay away from Taiwanese stuff if you're really that concerned.
reputable brands include Tein and Progress.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

well like i said im a noob and that quote was somewhat confusing and the price is rite can someone explain in laymens terms why i shuld not buy these like i said daily driver no beating
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

because they arent as reputable as say Tein or Progress. I don't know any people have used them specifically for our cars. Taiwanese products are not known to be very good quality. But like you said, WRX guys use them - so maybe thats good enough? So unless someone with them can chime in why specifically not to, then its up to you...
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

EBP02em2 is on a distinguished road

I haven't heard of BC racing coilovers for our cars. I'd go with Teins or other reputable companies. I'm planning to get some Tein SS-P for my car. Anybody know where I can get some for cheap?
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

after serching into the night i found that these are made by bor chan or d2 or are outsourcing in taiwan apexi n1 , buddy club, g4 ,k sport,function and form,bc,,tein,megan, stance, tarmack, omni,skunk2, greddy type s,blox,and many more they are basically identical .
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

i dont thinkt he higher end Teins are fully made in Taiwan. There would be a riot if that was the case.
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

you don't think? .....i wouldent put it past them

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-08-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2009
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol.

Quick Reply: coilovers good or bad?????