Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed front strut bar problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtec_concept is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed front strut bar problem

I have minor issue with installing my neuspeed front upper strut bar...

trying to install this on my 4dr Civic EX w/ auto transmission

so the deal is bought this piece used, because the owner of the car was involved in a rear end collision which resulted in the car being written off..

so none the less i bought the bar but ran into one weird issue

I am able to fit one side of the bar without a problem, tried both ways meaning passenger or driver either side fit fine...again one at a time

so then when it comes to fitting the other side...its about an inch away

no matter what i tried it was the same issue and did not matter if I was installing it from the driver side or passenger..

any idea on why this is happening? and how can i fix this, it supposed to be an easy mod but damn this sucks!

so any help?
Old 11-11-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
Re: Neuspeed front strut bar problem

lift the front of the car up, and try it again, i know it seems counterproductive, but it relieves the stress from the towers bending inwards

if its close, than use a rubber mallet to make it go the rest of the way in
Old 11-11-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

could also be the wrong bar.. coulda been for an older civic or an ep3 or something else..
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

just jack up one front side of the car and it should go in. i had the same problem with mine a couple years back also.
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah me too. one side was short. i luckily did not have to jack the car up, i just tried to put both sides in slightly together and then hammer them with rubber mallet lol
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

like they said, jack up the front of the car. My bar was off about an inch or less. I didn't jack up the car, but muscled it on, after 45 minutes of barely getting it on, i finalized the installation with my hammer.

It's the correct bar, just try again with the car jacked up and it should be easier a little.
Old 11-11-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

i guess free post for me... do what everyone else just said
Old 11-11-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

answer posted! woohoo! i like to repeat things over and over and over and over!

anyone else want to answer his question?
Old 11-12-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by manahoonie
answer posted! woohoo! i like to repeat things over and over and over and over!

anyone else want to answer his question?
so just to clarify he needs to jack up the passenger side rear wheel while standing on 1 foot and eating a pastrami sandwich to make it fit?
Old 11-12-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sniperscout
so just to clarify he needs to jack up the passenger side rear wheel while standing on 1 foot and eating a pastrami sandwich to make it fit?
on top of that sipping a coke
Old 11-12-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
on top of that sipping a coke
OH oH! Don't forget the big belch!
Old 11-12-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

Cut the bar in two, install, then gorilla glue it back together.

works like a charm.
Old 11-12-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniperscout
mmmmmm Pastrami