Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Anyone have stock bushing failure? Like ALL of them......

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datsrboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have stock bushing failure? Like ALL of them......

I just brought home a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5 speed. The car has 120K mile and did not have a front bumper because it was rip off in an accident from the last owner. The car itself did not take on any other damage.

On the way home I notice the cars engine was vibrating allot. I got home and threw it on jack stand..

Here are whats completely rip or broken:
Front and rear bottom engine mount, Left and right side Engine mount, left and right side front control arm mount.

Is this a common thing? I changed them all out but it feels so weak. I am use to driving V6 Supercharge Solaras and Supras where engine movement is low low low, while on a civic which is so small and light it bothers me how the motor mount is not stiff enough for OEM.

Sorry If I sound confusing. I have a low fever and can barely see the computer screen.
Old 01-14-2008
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough
Re: Anyone have stock bushing failure? Like ALL of them......

its common among the 01-05 civics. just upgrade to ES bushings and be done with it.
Old 01-14-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

agreed. ive seen 01's especially needing all new motor mounts very often. and the LCA compliance bushing is probably the most common of all bushing failures for the 7thgen. energy suspensions makes poly bushings for all points of interest.
Old 01-14-2008
Registered!!

Does anyone recommend any vender I should look towards or part number or where I can get this bushing...

Sorry but searching on this forum is way harder then any other forum... Theres only a couple 1000s result on my search the first time. So forgive me.
Old 01-14-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

bought from them several times. or ebay.
Old 01-23-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skipbarber
agreed. ive seen 01's especially needing all new motor mounts very often. and the LCA compliance bushing is probably the most common of all bushing failures for the 7thgen. energy suspensions makes poly bushings for all points of interest.
I concur.

Replace the motor mounts and just the front compliance bushing on the LCA. The other bushing won't tear.
Old 01-23-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

yea ive had it...go with the polyurethane bushings like these guys told ya only thing is...you gotta lube them often
Old 01-24-2008

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
yea ive had it...go with the polyurethane bushings like these guys told ya only thing is...you gotta lube them often
just turn the radio up!

Besides the civics rattle so much that you don't even hear the squeeking.
Old 01-24-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the stock bushings creak too without lube
Old 01-24-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ill confirm this, readily, i have an 01 and front and back motor mounts are blown(esmm installed, no more problem) and LCA bushings cracked and shot all to hell, ill be ordering es bushings for that too, and u can stiffen it with a "stiffy" too
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

utahbmxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have already replaced my LCA bushings. I have also had all my motor mounts break as well and replaced when I rebuilt my trans. I was on the ES website and noticed they make a motor mount insert. Assuming my new (well maybe 1 1/2 yr old) motor mounts are still in decent condition, would these inserts prolong the stock mounts life? I have been getting some vibration when taking off lately, just a normal start from a light. Feels like the engine, but could possibly be something in my suspension. I plan on overhauling my front end this spring (wheel bearings, rotors/pads and whatever else needs attention).

Car has 138k miles on it.

-utahbmxer
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

Blah so much work. So I am going to need a press arnt I? I do not care how much vibration it gives off, I just do not want to travel in this dam car and all the sudden the motor sits right on bare mounts. My supra gives off way more vibration then a civic can I bet.

Now I just have to figure which bushing is which to buy. Im going to need the front, rear, two sides, and the control arm front toos of both side. Its beginning to annoy me and I Do Not have a press I can get to.
Old 01-29-2008

Originally Posted by Datsrboi
Blah so much work. So I am going to need a press arnt I? I do not care how much vibration it gives off, I just do not want to travel in this dam car and all the sudden the motor sits right on bare mounts. My supra gives off way more vibration then a civic can I bet.

Now I just have to figure which bushing is which to buy. Im going to need the front, rear, two sides, and the control arm front toos of both side. Its beginning to annoy me and I Do Not have a press I can get to.
You can do some of the MM yourself. For the control arm, you just need the compliance bushing. Call around to corvette/porsche/etc (anything high end tuner style) shops to see if they have a press. Sometimes you can pull the arm and just pay them to push out and in the bushings for relatively cheap. Good luck.