Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

NEED help..plzz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zzsupermanzz15 is on a distinguished road
NEED help..plzz!!!

i just installed, Tein SS coilovers on my 2004 coupe. and everything went fine. its when i turn left or right i hear a pretty loud clunk noise. it seems like its coming from the driver side. my friend and i, took everything out and everything seemed fine. i dont know wats wrong, someone help me!!!
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

sound_bwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NEED help..plzz!!!

I have a similar problem
I installed my Megans yesterday. Sometimes when i turn the wheel about like 30 degrees to the left or right, I hear a noise. I cant really describe it. It's not a clunking noise, it sounds like some sort of high pitched rub.. I know my car isnt that low because there is a 3finger gap between the tire and fender....has anyone had this problem or know a possible cause of it?
Old 07-04-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sound_bwoy
I have a similar problem
I installed my Megans yesterday. Sometimes when i turn the wheel about like 30 degrees to the left or right, I hear a noise. I cant really describe it. It's not a clunking noise, it sounds like some sort of high pitched rub.. I know my car isnt that low because there is a 3finger gap between the tire and fender....has anyone had this problem or know a possible cause of it?
check to make sure all your collars are tight.

For the guy with the Teins, make sure the mounts are greased and that all the ball bearings are in there.
Old 07-04-2007
Registered!!

^^ Thanks for the reply...I'll check them as soon as I get a chance....Doi u have coilovers? If yes which ones
Old 07-04-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

i had the same problem right after i put on my superstreets. did you forget to grease up the tie rod ends? thats what i did. the part that hooks into the coilover on the arm. pop that out grease it up and there shouldnt be any problems
Old 07-04-2007
Registered!!

I took it to a local shop down here and they put it on for me. I'm not sure if they did grease them but I'll take the car back there tomorrow and let them do it. Hopefully that fixes the problem cuz I would hate to see $900 go down the drain
Old 07-12-2007
Registered!!

Supermeng08 is on a distinguished road

The guy wit the high pitched rub, i had and sometime still have the same problem! Its not that ur car is low, if u have aftermarket wheel, ur tires are going to rub on the inner part of the wheel well, especially, if u have a camber! sheck that u might want to raise it like a 1/4 inch to make it stop! thats what i did and it still sits sexy on the wheels!

-buddy wit the "clunking" friend of mine had that problem but wit a neon! it was the busshings that slipped out from the top of the cloin over under the strut tower! He would turn andthe coilover wouldnt rotate witht the wheel. Every time her turned her compressed the spring. He fixed it by getting a whole new suspension! LMAO...but u jus might want to look into greasing it up and making sure all ur bushing are in order.
Old 07-12-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

so wen i put my teins on i should grease up everything??? what kind of grease do u reccomend??
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

My tein basic had the clunking problem, it was missing the top mount bearing that the guy I purchased it from didn't include. So, check to see if you have the top mount bearing...
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

My high pitched rub turned into a clunking noise after a couple days...I finally got the problem solved though... I was messing around with the coilovers and I realized that I could turn the springs easily with my hands. I dont know much about suspension but it didn't seem right that i could just turn the springs so easily with my hands..The instruction manual for the megans says not to mess with the pre-load But I did anyway....I tightened the screw, nut or whatever u call it(whatever the springs sit on) I tightened it to the point where there was enough tension on the springs that I couldn't turn them with my hands....After that, I have never heard the high pitch rub or clunking noise again.....It seems as though when you turn the wheel, the whole coilover and strut turns also..since the springs were so loose, when i would turn, the coilover wouldn't completely turn..thats what was giving me the noise...
If you are having that clunking noise, just try to see if your springs are loose...If you can turn them with your hands, they are definately too loose and you should tighten it....Hopefully this solves ur problems
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

$$civichick$$ is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a problem similar 2 u guys wen i got my coilovers installed. problem was: make sure that the top piece of ur stock setup stays when the coilover r installed. its this big round circular thing that allows for the coilovers 2 turn as ur wheels turn. without it, they r going 2 rub no matter what u do 2 it. only problem is, the ppiece will just b there...the coilovers won't b connected 2 it at all, just resting on it
Old 08-29-2012
Registered!!

didaceclem is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys i need some help please
i had a 2001 honda civic ex vtec, with 161 mk on it i call a job to have a low engine mk and to said the found the engine with 41 mk on it and the labor and parts(engine)was 1410$ i pick up my car today when the call me after 1 day that the job was done i found out that the engine still the same the vin number on the bloc still the same what can i do?? who can i contact for that??