Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need Help!

Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help!

i got some skunk 2 coilover sleeves on 2 days ago and lowered my car about 2.5-3 inches. but before i did i had tein s tech springs and everytime i hit a bump, it sounded like a loud thump. like someone is hitting my car with a hammer by the right front suspension. someone told me i needed new suspension bushings. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-13-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Help!

Stock dampers Yes? That would be one possible problem... another one could simply be a lose bolt some where. or possibly your bottoming out the suspension...or hitting the bumpstops. the stock strut only has about 3 inches of travel... if you lower the car 2.5-3 inches that doesnt give you much room left.
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

yeah i still have the stock dampers, but even though i was lowered on s techs, which is only about 1.6 inches lower than stock, it was still making that sound. i kinda figured that i was bottoming out the struts but someone told me i needed bushings.
Old 04-13-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

If It was makeing the sound before, I'd think it was a crushed strut bearing. But then you'd probably hear that when you turned the wheel too.
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

so the best thing to do is replace the struts?
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

Stratablak314 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sicivic01
i had tein s tech springs and everytime i hit a bump, it sounded like a loud thump. like someone is hitting my car with a hammer by the right front suspension
YEa I've got S techs and tokicos and I know exactly what you mean. I just figured it was bottoming out like he said above. The guy that does my alignments checks for damage and has always said everything looks fine. He's been doing it all his life so hopefully he's not an idot. Let me know what you find out though.

Search this Thread