Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I Just Got My Car From My Boys Shop (UPDATED 5/23)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
I Just Got My Car From My Boys Shop (UPDATED 5/23)

I just came back from picking up my car from my friends shop he was installing my shocks and camber kit... The rear of my car looks like is 1inch higher then when I 1'st took it to him.. why is that? and I gave him the front and rear camber and when I went there he told me I should've got the front camber also. He was working on my car since 5:00 till now and the front make popping noise when I turn but he said it will go away. is that true?

Last edited by IrockCivics; 05-23-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i just finished installing my shocks and springs yesterday, the back only looked like 1/2 an inch lower if that from stock, while the front dropped like 2 inches right away, took it for a test drive around the block and the whole car settled to about a one finger gap all the way around, no knocking noises or anything. I dont know if that knocking noise will go away, usually it stays around till you find out what the problem is and fix it
Old 05-21-2006

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
yeah but I had the same shocks on my car and the rear is dropped 2" and when he put the new shocks it looks like the car has a 1" drop in the rear the front it still has the same drop as before 2.5"
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
popping noise in front usually concludes to that he didnt index your struts/mounts. check out the DIY/FAQ

rear could possibly be higher because you installed fresh shocks that arent worn. assuming you were upgrading from OEM struts, it could possibily be blown/shot/worn at the time and it wasnt getting any rebound, therefore, the springs are actually sitting on something to keep itself up.
OR
the springs need to settle. that can take from minutes to days.

refer to this article here: http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/...ic_suspension/

Last edited by D17thgen; 05-22-2006 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2006

nah I did'nt go from oem shocks to after market I had tokico shocks on but the front ones blew so I bought the same set up again which are the tokico blues.. So like I said when he put them on the rear looks way high and the front looks the same as it did when it had the old shocks on... I need to know if theres a problem why is high like that before I take it for a wheel alignment.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
ya know, my car never made popping sounds.. until i got the my front chamber kit put in, now from the right front, everytime i turn slowly it pops ALOT.....
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Any kind of noise after installation is not good...
Old 05-22-2006

can that poppin noise get worse and damage
Old 05-22-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
maybe..i would definatley get it checked out as soon as possible
Old 05-22-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mndthegap1
ya know, my car never made popping sounds.. until i got the my front chamber kit put in, now from the right front, everytime i turn slowly it pops ALOT.....
Mine did too.. turns out the front struts were completly blown
Old 05-22-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
it could mean your spring wasnt seated right. and when you turn it pops out of place. if its more of a clunk clunk clunk sound it could be a wheel bearing.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Might Need To Brake Them In
Old 05-22-2006

even though is like that can I still take it to get the alignment or should I wait?
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Take It Only If The Guarantee The Alignment. Then If You Make Any Changes You Can Take It Back And Get The Alignment Done Again. But If You Do Take It Back, Dont Tell Them You Changed The Setup. Just Say It Doesnt Feel Right.
Old 05-22-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i would wait, and have the shop fix what ever is wrong with it. then once its fixed bring it in.
Old 05-22-2006

ok so back to the rear lol you guys think it will settle ones I keep driving?
Old 05-22-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
They were installed wrong!!!

LINK: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=243399
Old 05-22-2006

Ok I'm going to drive my car again to see if I still hear it when I make turns and If I do take it back rite? And the rear being like 1inch high will settle after I drive it and do the alignment?
Old 05-22-2006

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
I'd go back and give them a peace of my mind...

The alinment should be done ASAP!!!(the alinment wont effect the hight)

Yes the suspention will "settle"

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 05-22-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

importkraze is an unknown quantity at this point
check your cv joint if the boot gets ripped it will make that noise.
Old 05-22-2006

I just took my car back a few minutes ago he said he gonna check it out and see whats wrong hopefully he will fix it.
Old 05-24-2006

Ok here we go again another fu**ing problem I picked up my car and everything was fine, the poppin noise stopped so when I went home I picked up my girl and her brother so when they sat in the back and I hit a bump any little thing I hit I hear a loud *** noise from the back it sounds like you bangin a aluminum bat on a hard *** floor real hard on both sides of the rear ... anyone knows why? **** is getting me stressed.

anyone??

Last edited by IrockCivics; 05-24-2006 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2006
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
maybe he left a wrench laying in the trunk
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Might be rubbing if you have people in the back.

Also did the back ever settle to the height it's supposed to be? He might have installed the springs upside down.
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Take it back...and demand refund....

its not worth going back to same shop...
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Jeromie is an unknown quantity at this point
did the back settle? if ur car is hella low couldnt it bottom out? my front used to bottom out all the time...
Old 05-24-2006
PWIT

if the back is the right height its prolly just your back bottoming out, like your wheel hitting the top of the well. i would rather have that than when i put people in my back my exhaust hits my bumper and starts to melt it.
Old 05-24-2006

Well my guess would be that the coil overs up side down... (without riding in your car)

they are coil overs not just springs correct???
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
take your buddy for a spin in it. he did the work, he should fix it.
Old 05-25-2006

New problem....

Ok, I took it back to him, and he fixed that problem. Another problem I noticed now is that I went to take my car for a wheel alignment, and he was showing how the front is not aligning correctly, and he said that since I had a rear camber kit installed, I should get a front camber kit as well to make it a smooth ride, and I told him that the kid put it on for me the day before. He took off my rim, and took out the camber bolt that was supposed to ber installed, and he showed me it was the stock camber or bolt whatever, and not any camber kit like I was supposed to have installed already. So he suggested, I take it back to the guy that was supposed to do it in the first place, and get my front camber bolts back from the kid, and he would do it for me for $20. I went to the kid, and he wasn't there all day. I went there like 6 times, and the last time I went, some guy I think was his brother gave me his cell number, and when I spoke to the kid, he told me that I never told him to install the front camber, just the rear and shocks, and that he had thrown out the extra pieces that were in the box with the rear camber kit. I told him multiple times I wanted both front and back camber kits, and shocks as well. He had told me the day before that both camber kits was installed and ok. Then I caught him in that lie. He and his father btoh told me they installed it, and in fact the stock bolts were in place. I am so f***in stressed about this bulls***, and I told him that he has to replace my front camber bolts that he irresponsibly threw out, and I want extra money for the installation by someone else. I am gonna tell everyone to never go to him. My car was there for 3 whole days because of his stupid mistakes. I just ordered a new camber kit for the front, and he will definitely be paying for that, and installation.