Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

skunk2 coilovers with tokico blues problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
skunk2 coilovers with tokico blues problems

I just installed this, and i have been having a few problems. the biggest problems are with the coilovers. they dont seem to be very adjustable. i have the fronts set as high as possible and its decently low, looks around like a 1.5" drop or so. but if i were to set it at the lowest possible, i can go probably a good 5 inches lower. or as low as the length of the sleeve. that doesnt sound right to me, my car would be sitting on the ground.

now the rears, i have them both 8 threads from the bottom and they arent even equal. one side is lower than the other. obviously i can fix this but adjusting those rear sleeves is very difficult. i dont know if its them damn tools they give you, but its very hard to raise it any higher. these are both pretty low. like atleast an inch lower than the front. the only thing i can think of is that i have the front and rear springs mixed up, but i followed the directions so i dont know. it makes sense for the bigger springs to be up front but i swear the directions had the bigger ones in back. any help is appreciated. and i did search this.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
im in the same boat as you, i have 8 threads lowered on the front and its 8 threads left over on the rears...my ride stance is just about equal (no finger gap upfront, half gap rear). if anything, the rear sits higher than front.

im guessing because the rear springs are taller.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

anyone, anyone at all have these two products with this problem?
Old 05-20-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i dont EXACTLY have the same shocks, but i have the same coilovers, the KYB AGXs and Skunk2 coilovers here, and i dropped all-the-way on the rear shock; and to where the sleeve rests on the spring perch up-front. i sit no-gap up front, half-finger in the rear, the sleeve has rubbed on the spring and i wanted to flip the rears, noope!

Old 05-20-2006
Registered!!

ok dude thats sweet. doesnt sound like you are having problems with yours. but can you go lower in front? like i said im about a 2-3 finger gap up front and i can go down the whole length of the sleeve. i should slide it all the way down, i wonder what that would look like! and the rears are 8-9 threads from the bottom and just wont go up any more, even with the car lifted. the springs are already compressed as ****.

hey do you have the bigger springs in the rear? mines are. let me know.