Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Upper Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daviddittmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Upper Strut Bar

How noticeable is the handling improvement with this? Just for daily driving
Old 04-19-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
Its noticable but its up to you to spend the $120 on it. It will cause the front to stiffen a little bit
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

daviddittmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Well there's a sale on them for like 90 bucks. In the retail forum
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
its noticable. without it, i couldn't even make a turn faster than 15mph without the car feeling like it would lose control.
Old 04-19-2006

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
get it you'll love it
Old 04-19-2006
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
If you consider all the little pointless bullcrap you could get for 100 bucks, this is worth it. I have it, I like it.
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I had it and sold it,I didn't notice any difference
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Good quality springs and struts aside, the Neuspeed Upper Strut bar is the best mod for our cars. Best improvment in handling per dollar spent, IMO.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
i have a DC front strut and i love em...before i got to install it i went on fast corners with no strut bars and the car was like bouncing from left to right. and when i got it and did the same...noticed a big difference!!!

our car might not be the fastest but we can improve its handling...and this is one of the answers!!!
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ serious ..
Hmm .. now i'm thinking of getting a front strut ..
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
you can also complete it by buying sway bars (if your car doesn't have it...or a thicker steel), rear strut bar, lower tie bar, x brace and more...now you car will drive like a go cart - hmmm as long as you have good suspension
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rsx rear sway bar is also a great suspension mod. better than upper strut bar but they both help out together.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
theres a group buy in the retail section. Ask Cubanmike he's got one and yu can use any intake with that bar!
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
just get one and see, best bang for the buck and get an x-brace too
Old 04-21-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
o yah, definitely get one. and the rear sway from an RSX. you can get them for like $75 from a salvage yard.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
well i just recieved mine today and my car is at the body shop which i should pick up tomorrow ill install it tomorrow and tell you whats up. i had a tanabe one but it kept hitting the intake, but it helped a lot from bouncing during sharp corners.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Probably the best mod ever
Old 04-22-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
you're not serious are you? I couldn't even tell a difference really with it.I could see if you had all the other braces to compliment it,but just the sway barI have the Si-G so I don't know if it's stiffer to begin with.
Old 04-22-2006
Premium Member

on the ex, its a big difference. almost feels like theres something wrong with the car in stock form
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
had my neuspeed bar today and install it already...had them in action too...i felt a great improvement EVEN though my car hasnt even been lowered yet. damn imagine how faster i could turn with my car lowered...i'm very impress with this mod. i took some turns before and at 50 the car would starts to skid and feel major body roll...with the neuspeed strut bar...i did 60 smoothly on the same turn.
Old 04-22-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
you're not serious are you? I couldn't even tell a difference really with it.I could see if you had all the other braces to compliment it,but just the sway barI have the Si-G so I don't know if it's stiffer to begin with.
You must have not pushed the car hard enough in the corners to tell. Even in a straight line the car feels more stable over the bumps. I had to take my bar off for a week once in between suspension installs, after having had it for over a year, and when I did I could barely drive my car at usual speed, I was cruising around at 60 km/h and taking turns at 20 because like gearbox said, it did feel like something was wrong.

ps the strut bar was my first mod, so at the time I didn't have any of the other suspension/chassis stuff I have now, and just from the upper strut bar the difference in stability really is like night and day.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
on the ex, its a big difference. almost feels like theres something wrong with the car in stock form
yo gear why the ex only? are ex/dx/lx all the same?
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

project: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura about
I got it and I love it. It looks good in the engine bay and improves high speed corning for me as well... More stable and waaaaay less body roll.... A must have....
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

damn i feel so good having this strut bar! what the negative thing that anybody experience with this product.
Old 04-22-2006
Premium Member

the neuspeed sticker gets damaged. i took it off cause i like it black anyway. looks like stock.

and i meant ex compared to si. the si has a better suspension to start with. And the dx doesn't even have sway bars so it has the worst handling.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

oh
Old 04-23-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I also disagree....... it's a chassis brace! not an anti-roll bar! Please stop mentioning "less roll". This is NOT the right message going out. Strut tower bars do NOT work the same as anti-roll bars.
Honestly, the Civic chassis isnt bad.... and supposedly this is for daily driving, it's not going to make much of a difference. The strut towers are already attached to the firewall so theres already enough reinforcement. But it is $100, and it's not a bad thing to have so....

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 04-23-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
the neuspeed sticker gets damaged. i took it off cause i like it black anyway. looks like stock.

and i meant ex compared to si. the si has a better suspension to start with. And the dx doesn't even have sway bars so it has the worst handling.

hey yo gear are you sure cause my dx has front sway bars and no rear. why is that?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
it's not going to make much of a difference.
What do you mean by this? Maybe you didn't. I can tell a huge difference!
As a means of comparison in stiffness....
Driving without it= seeing your grandmothers *****.
Driving with the neuspeed strut tower brace= Michael Jackson at a pokemon convetion. The only thing about this brace that you have to do to install it is to bolt the little resivoir down to the hole below it on the driverside. It takes 2 minutes to do if you work slow.
Old 04-25-2006
Premium Member

or with auto trans dont do anything

Quick Reply: Neuspeed Upper Strut Bar