Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Alignment - cost vs quality.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Alignment - cost vs quality.

Well I am finally getting springs on later this week. So I have been calling around to get prices on an alignment. I have called about 7 shops & gave them all the same info (2004 Civic, 1.4" drop, camber kit front & rear) and I have prices ranging from $59-180. Now is there something else that I should be asking (machine type, experience, ect...)? Is a $180 alignment really going to be that much better than a $59 one. I guess I am having trouble understanding how the same service can vary by over $100. If you guys that are "in the know" can help me out I would appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
They Should Be Doing The Alignment With A Laser System. Ask And See How They Are Doing The Alignment. And No Way Should You Be Paying More Than $100 For That. I Payed $64 At Sears And It Was Dont Right. Plus They Give A Guarantee On The Work.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the same boat, drove for six months w/o an alignment cause of it. Finally realized i needed it, got about the same quotes, was more concerned about getting it on the lift, however went to town fair tire and will never go back to that one anyways. Car was in twice and still not fixed correctly, last time the guy said i was all set then as I was reading the spec's, some were still in red. Read the bottom "notes" and he said the "rear camber unadjustable" and front camber bolts frozen. Both of these statements are not only false since I've got the SPC kit on there, but I worked on the front wheel hub days before I had it "re-aligned". Well I bitched and they're refunding me my cash. Anyways, I've gotta run neg camber in the rear for the rims to fit anyways, so it's good enough for me for now.
Old 03-29-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KINGCHILE
They Should Be Doing The Alignment With A Laser System. Ask And See How They Are Doing The Alignment. And No Way Should You Be Paying More Than $100 For That. I Payed $64 At Sears And It Was Dont Right. Plus They Give A Guarantee On The Work.

Depends on the shop.... as there is one place here in Las Vegas that doesnt use lasers, and its easily the best performance alignment shop in town.