Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need advise in purchasing new struts/shocks , please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advise in purchasing new struts/shocks , please help.

Hi, recently noticed that my front struts were leaking and yes maybe because i lowered my car right about 2.5 inches. The back seem to be doing good cuz a while back when my rear ones went out i got the yellow konis.

Ive noticed that there are more struts out there now so im asking from you guys if u can give me advise on which strut/shock will let me lower my car the most without having any problems....?

Which ones do any of you have them in the car how it feels etc.

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-19-2006
Whack Pack Member

sternfan is an unknown quantity at this point
what are you lowered on that gives you a 2.5 inch drop? Sleeved coilovers or lowering springs? If they are lowering springs i say scrap them and get something that will raise the height back up a bit. I am not a fan of MOST lowering springs because they lower too much for the given spring rates.

If you are on sleeved coilovers then just get the konis to match your rears. But, the konis do require cutting your OEM strut housing to make them work.

Adjustable struts: KYB AGX and Tokico D-specs (I have the d-specs but they will be going on OEM springs).

Non-adjustable struts: Bilsteins, KYB GR2, and Tokico HP.

Note: KYB and Tokico say their warranty will be void if you lower more than 1.5 inches. Koni's say this also, but they seem to back their products more. Not sure about Bilsteins warranty.
Old 01-19-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Konis are shorter than stock. Nothing is going to last very long at 2.5" because there's no travel left, but konis are going to be more durable.
Do some searching, rediculous drops and blowing shocks has been covered many times
Old 01-19-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i am lowered about 2.5 inches on some skunk2's and i love the KYB AGX, but they do seem to bottom out on insane bumps, holes, or roadkill. you just have to think you are going to sacrifice ride quality once you mod any suspension component. while you still can get better ride quality, you might want to consider a full coilover that is made for lowered expectations. TEIN, K-Sport, Eibach, Megan, Progress....etc. but you will save some money but you will get a great adjustability range and ride drop in some cases.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanx all for the imput. I think im just gonna go 2" and keep it at that. I have the Ground Control CoilOvers right now. So ill probably just be getting a new set of struts all the way around just so they are matched.

Again. Thanx