Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Anyone install Koni Yellows recently?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P40vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone install Koni Yellows recently?

I was reading some old threads about the perch on the rear shock (the silver lower perch, not coilovers) slipping past the c-ring and it looks like Koni fixed it sometime in 2004. Anybody install Konis recently, and did you have any problems in the rear?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
the problem was fixed A LOOOOOONG time ago. The issue was the c-ring coming out of the groove and the whole thing basically collapsing, not the spring perch from what I recall (unless there's another issue I've never heard of) You're looking at the first couple batches having issues, Koni made the groove in the shock deeper and stiffened up the ring. Mine went in 9 months ago if thats recient enough. Not a problem to speak of on any corner.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

kool-aid is an unknown quantity at this point
going on 5 months here on my Koni's. The design of that c-clip holding up all that weight seems suspect but I've had no problems. The fuuny thing about the rear for me was that the guys at Big-O mounted the perch upside down and it wasn't till we mounted them that we realized it. It looked like I had a lift kit in the rear.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had my Koni for about 2 years and never had problems with the perch on the rear struts. i think most of the people that had that problem where installing the perch upside down causing the ring to come out of the grove.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

P40vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the replies. Time to order some yellows...
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
But i do keep having problems with the front strut leaking oil around the adjustment ****. Then again it seem to be just me with this issue and koni seems to be replacing them. by the way you should make sure what size you have in the front before you order them. since you have 04 most likely you have the 55MM (RSX front insert)