Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Ground control lowering springs with stock struts

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h2oskier is an unknown quantity at this point
Ground control lowering springs with stock struts

I just bought a 2001 Civic that had ground control lowering springs on it with the stock struts on both the front and rear. The ride is horrible, bottoms out makes a springy noise in the front and a banging noise in the back all the time and is real bouncy. I just bought some stock springs from someone on this forum, I put the back ones on and now the car looks stupid with my 17" wheels and the rear end so high. The ride improved and rear noise is gone but it looks dumb. My question is, were the ground control lowering springs designed for stock struts? Will my ride improve with different struts again both front and rear and keeping the ground control setup. I don't want a horrible stiff ride so what are your recomendations for keeping it low and changing out the struts and getting the best ride possible. I have 17" rims with 205/40R17 Yokohama AS430 tires. Any help and or advice would be extremly helpfull to me.
Old 11-12-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
your shocks are blown...u need new shocks...i suggest getting some tokicos or if u have money some koni yellows and using the ground control springs with them...using stock shocks and lowering springs will blow them out in a year or so
Old 11-12-2005
Registered!!

Please desribe the ride of the two shocks that you recomended. I am looking for the most comfortable ride possible.
Old 11-12-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think tokico blues can handle GC, you need Koni Yellows. from what i have read on here they are the best with GC. GC are way to drastic of a drop for the stock shocks. the highest they go are 2.5" which is way past what the stock shocks can handle. they can do like 1.75" at most without any problems. if you are slammed on GC 2.75"~3.0" im supprised they didnt blow out right away. Koni Yellows are prolly the way to go. if you look hard enough you can prolly find a set for around $450ish which aint bad of a price.
Old 11-12-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h2oskier
Please desribe the ride of the two shocks that you recomended. I am looking for the most comfortable ride possible.
Yellows are the only thing I'd trust with GCs.
Any shock will work better than a stock one
Tokicos are softer than Konis.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 11-12-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2005
Registered!!

Where is the best place to purchase the Koni's?
Old 11-12-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h2oskier
Where is the best place to purchase the Koni's?
Pick a place, you get the same shocks no matter what.
Try the vendors on this forum for starters.
This isn't pricewatch. Do some work for yourself and find the best price.