Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

camber kit brand ?'s....spc/ingalls/st/sre/...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thGEN 2nv is an unknown quantity at this point
camber kit brand ?'s....spc/ingalls/st/sre/...

hello...well im in the market for a rear camber kit for my 2001 honda civic ex coupe and cant decide which one to get. ive heard(sticky...boilermaker) that the front camber bolts suck and camber plates are better so ima get the rears for now(but if i only daily drive....u guys think its worth buying the front bolts?)

my question is.....which camber kit is the best for its price????

whats the difference between spc,ingalls,st(spring tech), sre($60 shipped on ebay).spc is my number one choice(most expensive) but im low on cash and am wondering if all these rear control arm camber kits are pretty much the same as in QUALITY AND DURABILITY. has anyone tried the other rear camber arm brand's like ingalls(my second choice), spring tech(never heard of these...saw it on ebay), and the SRE(the cheapest ive found!). please post and give me INFO...>>>

if this helps...i want the camber kit so i can save my tires. im lowered on 18" rh c2s with a pinky fender gap all around. tokico blues on ground controls. running 215/35/18 all around but am going to switch out the rears to 225/40/18......<<<<<u guys think it will rub in the back with the camber kit????? thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 10-27-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
SPC is not the most expensive. Its probably the most affordable of the ones worth buying. Hotchkis arms are by far probably the best for the money you spend on them ($220) but I've found them to be far better than the SPC/Ingalls ones.
Old 10-27-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
SPC best bang for the $$$$
Old 10-27-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
I have the SPC set up in the rear. I bought mine off of ebay at a reasonable price... here is the link...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-R...WDVWQQtcZphoto
The transaction and customer service was great with them. I have almost the same set up as you: 18"rims with same tires, lowered (but not that low), and 2001 EX coupe. Haven't had any problems with the camber kit and have had it for a year now.

Hoped that help. Good Luck
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
^^That seller is registered with 7thgencvic. You can find contacts in the Retail/Groupbuy section.
Old 11-11-2005
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
all the front camber correction kits are all the same.. the only difference is the rears

i have the spc ones.. yes they are beefy.. but i live where there is snow and salt.. i tried to do an alignment last night.. but they were siezed up.. i couldnt even heat it up to loosen them up... so im looking for ones that wont corrode or seize up
Old 11-11-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
SRE is pure crap!
Old 11-11-2005
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WannaBFast
all the front camber correction kits are all the same.. the only difference is the rears

i have the spc ones.. yes they are beefy.. but i live where there is snow and salt.. i tried to do an alignment last night.. but they were siezed up.. i couldnt even heat it up to loosen them up... so im looking for ones that wont corrode or seize up
actually i did take a look at the hotchkis kits.. they look sweet.. atho i didnt see the rear kits...
Old 11-11-2005

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
actually i did take a look at the hotchkis kits.. they look sweet.. atho i didnt see the rear kits...
You have to get the RSX one.
Old 11-11-2005
Prowlin' with a Purpose

Originally Posted by robbclark1
You have to get the RSX one.
thats what i meant.. and i still didnt see the rear kit for the rsx
Old 11-11-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I don't see it either. Its worth it to call Hotchkis and ask them WTF. Its one of the few kits that won't sieze up because the adjuster barrel is aluminum, so it can't rustweld to the end pieces which are steel. I have them, they were more than worth the money.
Old 11-11-2005

that's odd...hmmm
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

hmm I was thinkin of buying that kit but if corrosion is an issue with them I won't since it snows alot here. So which ones won't corrode?
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

civicgamez435 is an unknown quantity at this point
best place to find any and all of your race needs in on ebay
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
^^ nice first post, Vendors on here are going to hate u! lol
Old 11-11-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by civicgamez435
go back to the rice emporium.
Nothing on ebay is worth a damn.
Old 11-11-2005

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
go back to the rice emporium.
Nothing on ebay is worth a damn.
Not true...You just need to know what to look for. There are plenty of good parts on ebay.
Old 11-12-2005
Prowlin' with a Purpose

i wanna try the aluminum ones.. altho none of the designs ive seen i like.. mainly because they dont have mounting for the abs sensor
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Originally Posted by civicgamez435
Well, there is the real motorsport of it and then theres:

APC internals, tenzo R sittin, hayame turning stweet wacers! They are the fastest on the offramps with the sumitumo's - but thats only if the median doenst eat up the z3 fenders to expose the wire hanging underglows while takin a mad turn at 25 hittin those autozone race pads.

Sorry, thought this would be funny. You can find things on ebay for good deals at times but lets see...

The camber kit you showed me was $125 plus 10 shipping = $135 for REAR only

We do Front and Rear SHIPPED for $150.
Old 11-13-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by truehonda
Well, there is the real motorsport of it and then theres:

APC internals, tenzo R sittin, hayame turning stweet wacers! They are the fastest on the offramps with the sumitumo's - but thats only if the median doenst eat up the z3 fenders to expose the wire hanging underglows while takin a mad turn at 25 hittin those autozone race pads.

Sorry, thought this would be funny. You can find things on ebay for good deals at times but lets see...

The camber kit you showed me was $125 plus 10 shipping = $135 for REAR only

We do Front and Rear SHIPPED for $150.
Hahahaha... in the sig that goes
Old 11-14-2005
Registered!!

boostaddict is on a distinguished road
Just as a heads up, I tried to order the rear camber links from hotchkis about a month ago, paid them and everything, then they told me that they are discontinuing them, so they just refunded my money. Too bad, I dont really like any of the other kits on the market. The front plates from hotchkis are very nice, they ended up raising the shocks so high that I now hit coil bind before I bottom the shock out. Highly recommend those, if they still have any - they were going to discontinue those too, hence the sale they were having.
Old 11-14-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

YAY! More parts that I can't replace if they break. ****!