Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

my TEIN basics go ra-ra-ra lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
my TEIN basics go ra-ra-ra lol

well, i just recently installed my tein basics. after about a week or two without any problems they are starting to make noise.
while decelerating and/or coming to a slow stop my front drivers side suspension slowly makes a sounds like ra-ra-ra-ra-raaa. and sometimes while making a slow right turn it does the same thing but a little bit different.
at first i thought it was my power slot slotted rotors maybe screwing up and and rubbing the brake pads incorrectly while braking, but now is does that even if i'm not hitting the brakes.
i'm worried because it seems to be increasing little by little and i don't want something to go wrong and end up stuck somewhere, or maybe even cause an accident.
i've had a very busy week so i haven't been able to take a look at it yet. so i'm asking anyone to give me advise on what to check/loosen/tighten or possibly what exactly is causing my problem, so when i do have time i can go straight to the problem area.
thanks guys!
Old 09-19-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
make sure ALL the bolts are tight and make sure the springs are tight.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
hahah damn simeon!!! that hell sucks ***! lets hope my ss-p's dotn do this.....lol
Old 09-19-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the tein basic and i have noise coming from the front driver side.. the guy who installed it said can't find anything wrong with it... he said lubricant is going to help much.. but now i'm thinking maybe it's something with the front sway bar or endlink something like that??? i really have no idea and want a clear answer myself too... i'm kinda sick of the noise and i just crank the music out loud... :-(
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
no problem with my basic.
-make sure locks and all nuts/bolts are tight
-01 bearing?
-enought tension on spring, because i had my rear spring boot seat rubbing on the spring once, and it made some nasty sounds.
Old 09-20-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
maybe a missing washer or somethin ?
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
U Might Need The 01 Bearings If Ur Car Is 02+
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BiGDoG
U Might Need The 01 Bearings If Ur Car Is 02+
yup, you need '01 top mounts.
Old 09-20-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
my car is a 2001..............
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
sorry to resurrect this but i am currently having the same problem, Caucasian.Asian, what did u end up doing?
Old 11-20-2005

do i need to order the bearing (part #465510) and/or the upper mount (part #465628)?
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
u need the upper mount, u may need the bearing if yours is broken, you'll know you'll need the bearing if ur hammering away at the knuckles and little ball bearings are falling out from the top of the strut, as in my case
Old 11-21-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I got a pair for sale lol
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
You need to make sure that index marks on the struts line up, it not, then your strats will make a noise.
Old 11-21-2005

but it's a coilover.. not a spring+shock combo
Old 11-21-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by es2k2
but it's a coilover.. not a spring+shock combo
thank you!