Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein SS or SS-P???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
Tein SS or SS-P???????

Okay, I allready know the difference between the two, but I was wondering which may be a better choice. I was thinking probably the SS-P, that way I could leave my stock suspension intact ( I have an 01, so I could use my stock upper mounts), in case I needed it later, but I've heard people complaining about a noisy ride with the SS-P's pillow ball mounts, and I don't want a noisy ride
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions, or does anyone actually have the SS-P's? I think there are only like 3 people on this site that have them, which isn't that many compared to the regular SS. Can anyone help me out?
Old 08-15-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
SS-ps will be easier to swap out, they also will allow camber adjustment I believe. If you want to pay the extra for not having to disassemble your stockers then go for it. Pillowballs don't make that much noise.
Old 08-16-2005

So Rob, I won't feel much difference or noise with the Tein pillowball mounts?
I thought it was you or Grey maybe that was saying they were noisy?
So other than convenience and camber adjustability that should be the only difference?
I guess no one else has any input on these, I thought there were members who had these...
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
Sent PM.
Old 08-17-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fuledya
So Rob, I won't feel much difference or noise with the Tein pillowball mounts?
I thought it was you or Grey maybe that was saying they were noisy?
So other than convenience and camber adjustability that should be the only difference?
I guess no one else has any input on these, I thought there were members who had these...
riley said that when he had them on his tein flex, and that they also made the car ride a little rougher.
Old 08-17-2005

Anyone else? I need to make a decision quick, and the advice would help out alot. Money is not an issue, but ride quality is.
Old 08-17-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If ride quality matters, don't buy coilovers.
SSP will be firmer than the SS because of the pillowballs.
Old 08-17-2005

thanks, I sent you a pm, but you replied as I was sending it!
I do want coilovers just for the ride height ability. So I do need to have them, so what your saying is get the SS instead of the SS-P? I checked there spring rates and there the same, 6 and 8. Do the pillowballs make that much difference?
Old 08-17-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
As stated, Lininer springs (whats found on most "coilovers") will ride harsher then progressive rated springs. other then that, Just like Boilermaker states, Pillow ball upper mounts will transfer more force to the chassis through the suspension = slightly harsher ride. The stock rubber upper mounts isolate the suspension, softing the ride.