Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Eibach vs. Progress? Which Sway Bar Setup is better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Eibach vs. Progress? Which Sway Bar Setup is better?

I have been trying to figure out what would be a better buy. Price aint an issue since I can get either brand for about the same price. I already have Tein Basics, DC Strut Bar and Tie Bar, SPC Camber kit, and Grey's Endlinks on the way. So now its time to reduce some more body roll.

Here are the Specs:

Eibach Anti-Roll Kit
Front Sway Bar: 26mm
Rear Sway Bar: 16mm

Progress Sway Bars:
Front Sway Bar: 27mm
Rear Sway Bar: 22mm

Im not racing or anything this is my Daily Driver but I love to take corners at high speeds. Which one is better for me?
Old 07-11-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
... how comfortable are you with a little oversteer? and what year is your civic, and what modle (Coupe? Sedan?)?
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
2001 EX Coupe

Im pretty good behind the wheel so I can keep control of the car if I get a little understeer/oversteer.
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
i have had the eibach roll-kit on my mk2 golf and they were great. i have not heard good things about the progress sway bars. I have seen a few threads about them breaking end links. but you have greys so your good there. over all i think eibach is better made so i bought a set for my civic. when i get them I will tell you how they are. also pm bolier maker and zzyxx and ask them
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Black03civic
i have had the eibach roll-kit on my mk2 golf and they were great. i have not heard good things about the progress sway bars. I have seen a few threads about them breaking end links. but you have greys so your good there. over all i think eibach is better made so i bought a set for my civic. when i get them I will tell you how they are. also pm bolier maker and zzyxx and ask them

Well I took care of the endlink problem (since I already have one broken end link), I just want better control of the car, so Im hoping Zzyzx will reply soon.
Old 07-11-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
2001 EX Coupe

Im pretty good behind the wheel so I can keep control of the car if I get a little understeer/oversteer.

Well then you allready have a 25.4mm front bar, so the Eibach 26mm isnt really that much of a change, tied in with a 16mm (Vs your stock 13mm..) You'd be better off just gettign the RSX's 19mm or even the 05+ 20mm. for the progress bars... personally I'm not a fan of upsizing the front bar on a FWD car, causes a few performance issues for racing, but with a street car you'll probably never notice them. If I had to choose, I would probably go with the Progress setup, but like I said.. I'm not a fan of upsizing the front bar. Maybe go with the Eibach 26mm front and the Progress 22mm rear?
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Well then you allready have a 25.4mm front bar, so the Eibach 26mm isnt really that much of a change, tied in with a 16mm (Vs your stock 13mm..) You'd be better off just gettign the RSX's 19mm or even the 05+ 20mm. for the progress bars... personally I'm not a fan of upsizing the front bar on a FWD car, causes a few performance issues for racing, but with a street car you'll probably never notice them. If I had to choose, I would probably go with the Progress setup, but like I said.. I'm not a fan of upsizing the front bar. Maybe go with the Eibach 26mm front and the Progress 22mm rear?
That was something I was also considering mixing and matching. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-11-2005
Autocross Junky

^^That May be your best bet. Though runnign the stock 25.4mm with the progress 22mm would't be bad either.
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
^^That May be your best bet. Though runnign the stock 25.4mm with the progress 22mm would't be bad either.

HAHAHAH, I was just thinking that! Thanks again.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
I would just get the 22mm rear sway bar. No point to make the front bigger. Not a huge differnce