Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Problem with new shocks/coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadowfusionX is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Problem with new shocks/coilovers

This last weekend I installed new shocks/struts- Tokicos, with Arospeed coilovers on my 2001 Civic (coupe). I used the DIY I found in this forum (awesome, I must say). The front end went well but for some reason when I was done with the back the stems from the shocks were WAAAAY to high up- they actually are rubbing/hitting the metal of the rear seatbacks. The ride height is lower but not excessively low, I would guess approximately a 1.5" / 2" drop from stock. Any idea what this could be caused by? I'll try to get some pictures up this afternoon but if I can't get an answer by then I'll likely just put them all the way raised to prevent damage. Thanks again guys - I've found lots of good stuff from here.

~ Paul

Last edited by ShadowfusionX; 06-20-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like you might wanna check your install. Doesnt make much sense to me. When you say "hittiing/rubbing" do you mean when the shock compresses it hits or just all the time?
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

It is constantly in contact, but bumps accentuate the noise. I do think I did something wrong on the install... I'm gonna take it all apart tonight again. Weeks like this I hate cars .
Old 06-20-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, the tokico install is pretty straight forward. If you have problems, contact the seller and they may be able to walk you through it. did you follow this thread in the suspension forum? Look at the pics, see how they compare to what yours looks like. These are the stock shocks he is putting springs on. This will give you an idea of what yours should look like. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86545

Last edited by soonercivic; 06-20-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

Smile Solved

I got the problems worked out. I didn't have the shock put together right. It took a few tries to figure out where the cone-shaped rubber pieces go and the washer so you can tighten the nut on top down... but i got it finally. Thanks guys.