Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

H&R sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a-lo is an unknown quantity at this point
H&R sport springs

Ok, so i wanted to drop my '05 coupe 1.75f/1.5r with some Neuspeed Sport Springs. So i found a place through this forum who had what i thought was a good price on them. I ordered them and then got an email saying they were out of stock and would be for a few weeks. On this places website they had H&R sport springs advertised with the same drop #'s as the neuspeeds. I then called them up and asked if they could sell me the H&R's for the same price. The guy said sure since he felt they screwed up on the order process.
So away they went and i got them, put them in and started rollin'. I like how they feel and they ride nice. not too bumpy for me. I later find out in some round about way that H&R's drop estimate is 1.3 f/r. I then mildly freak out and go measure and compare to another new one. About 1.3. Da@# it!
Now i know they will settle a bit but i'm worried after i put my 18x7.5 Gram Lights on that there will still be too much wheel gap. I don't want them tucked but i don't want a WRC car with low pro tires either.

I guess i'm just ranting. The principle behind it errks me. I got something different from what i thought i was getting and i'm dissapointed. Not in performance but the possible outcome of a vision i had goin'.
Yeah i know it was partly my fault for not researching the product. It definately pays to be absolutely sure of what your getting before you get it.

Well thanks for reading this stupid post. Feel free to elaborate or rant too.
have a great day.
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
they will setle at about 1.5. i have 18's 215/35 on h&R the gap isnt that big im either going to get 2 " drop or just get bigger tires. but they will defenetly setle to about 1.5. do you have aftermarket struts? if not your stock struts will last about a month before they blow. so you might want to consider on getting aftermarket struts