Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

The suspension door of opportunity is within my reach

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005
I'm an idiot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shambler is an unknown quantity at this point
The suspension door of opportunity is within my reach

So i drop my car off at the usual place to get my oil changed (I have a friend who does it for under 20 bucks, not a bad deal) and i get a call back an hour or so later from my friend saying the oil is done and he found something else...

My right front shock is completely blown, i kind of knew this but was in denial... im broke. So i ask him what he can do about it. "Well we can order parts from Honda, they charge around 600 for a front set" atleast i think he said 600 for the fronts... knowing honda its 600 for one heh heh. So i tell him ill call back later on in the week. I figure for 800 i can get a brand new set of hayame's or even the cheapest Tiens.

Since it would be cheaper, and much better suspension than honda, my dad is willing to help me out with full up front payment.

I have no idea what brand, set, or what website to order from. And im pretty sure my friend will install them for extremely cheap.

So, any suggestions will be great, and yes i am using the search function as i type this.

Thanks
Shambler
Old 06-10-2005
Go Pistons!

flipbagz is an unknown quantity at this point
look up koni sport
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

Mdalicandro07 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get those koni sports on ebay, check that out, thats what i have def def awesome struts, but you do have to cut the stock strut so u can use the boot to put it back on the civ. let me know if you have questions.
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
In your case, I would do a full suspension setup. Definitley, do NOT spend $600 on a stock setup. You can do a shock/spring setup or a full coilover. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 06-11-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
There are tokico HP shocks. They are an OEM replacement for cheaper and better quality. You can get 4 for less than 400$ I think.
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally from having tried out the koni yellows, I wouldn't recommend them due to them being inserts and the perches that support the spring having a tendency to go out. Depending on what you like for example springs or coilover or full coilover you should pick from the following setups. If you are a spring person or you wanna go with a cheap coilover setup you should definately go with Tokico. Tokico has released the D Spec which is a full strut replacement not inserts like koni, although those might be a bit pricey. You might want to look up Tokico Illumina or KYB AGX depending if the companies have released them for our cars and since they are full strut replacements as well not inserts. Now for the full coilover setup, which I definately recommend instead of the cheap coilovers due to quality of ride. You have the tein basic dampers like you mentioned earlier, some people on the site have B+G coilovers, I haven't heard of the quality of the Hayames, but I'm pretty sure people will post how those ride. Well, hope everything works out. good luck