Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

using washers to fix camber?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005
SiG
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiG will become famous soon enoughSiG will become famous soon enough
using washers to fix camber?

hey guys
ive heard of ppl doing this on older civics and integras, but never heard of anyone trying it on a 7thgen

Im just wondering if anyone has tried it or know if it works. basically, taking washers and putting them between the upper control arm and the body of the car to rectify camber as opposed to buying a camber kit. Would this really work on our cars?

I know you'd have to keep unbolting things to add more washers when doing the alignment but im just wondering if you kept adding washers and going through this trouble could you really make it work?
Thanks
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I think this only works on cars that have double wishbone suspension. Cars like ours that have McPherson struts require an eccentric bolt type camber kit.
Old 05-16-2005
SiG
Registered!!

I should clarify i was referring to the rear of the car, not the front. I need a rear camber kit and this came to my attention and it was interesting. Ill probably go with a camber kit still but im still curious. And as we all know, we have double wishbone in the rear

I found this as well
http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/rearcamber.html
Old 05-16-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Not to be mean, but have you looked at the OEM camber kit? I think you should check it out. We don't have double wishbone anywhere on the car. Washers are completely useless unless you can find a way to transverse where the camber kit bolts to the car. Just get a camber kit.

Last edited by robbclark1; 05-16-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
interesting idea.
Old 05-16-2005
SiG
Registered!!

I was under the impression we have double wishbone in the rear with mac struts up front, no?

Well im going with a camber kit regardless but i just wanted to know about this idea a bit more. any more replies are appreciated
Speaking of which, if anyone has a rear camber kit for sale, PM me!
Old 05-16-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
fronts are macpherson. Rears are some kind of large control arm. Look at the picture. There is no double wishbone.
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
No, the washer trick does not work on the 7th gen.
Old 05-16-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
its a multilink rear and no you cannot use the washer trick.