Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

recommended koni adjustment setting.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dinglenuts is an unknown quantity at this point
recommended koni adjustment setting.

my konis go on tuesday and I'm wondering what agood setting would be for a 2" drop. I mostly drive city, like cornering, but don't want to squish my ***** from hopping. I believe they are 8 way adjustable? Anybody have an opinion on where to begin? thanks.
Old 04-10-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
well its really up to you on how you want it set. you have to drive around for a bit and get a feel for it to get it the way you wanted. its like adjusting your seat, you adjust it to your preferences. i do believe most people go soft in the front and hard in the back or even all around.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

dinglenuts is an unknown quantity at this point
its that simple? can they be adjusted regularily if i feel so inclined?
Old 04-10-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
i would hope so coming from koni. i'm planning on getting konis as well so i'm gonna drive around a parking lot at night like a mad man to get the right setting i want.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

Black04ex will become famous soon enoughBlack04ex will become famous soon enough
Mine are on soft all the way around. Ride is better than stock!
Old 04-10-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
You can use this adjustment to alter the corner entry and extit characteristics of the car (Because thats what dampers primairly influence).

If you increase rebound equally front and rear, the only thing you have changed is the ride quality of the car.... to alter the handling characteristics there must be a difference in rebound front to rear. So... as a primer, Set your front shocks To full soft, and your rear shocks 1 or 2 points from full firm. Drive the car through some turns.. with this setting, the car should understeer less, and possibly oversteer on corner entrys. Now Set the front to full firm and the rears to full soft. Drive the car through the same turns.... Now the car should understeer more on corner entry. To tune them, Play with this Front and rear difference untill the car enters and exits corners to your likeing.

essentially Increase the rebound dampering on the side of the car you want to have stick less. If it understeers, either increase rear rebound or decrease front rebound. If it oversteers, Increase front rebound or decrease rear rebound.

Other then the above, you can increase the rebound valving on the front of the car to make it a bit more responsive to your steering imputs, but you'll be addin in a bit more corner entry Understeer.

Happy Tuning!

BTW: My settings are
Street = Full soft front 1/4-1/2 Turn up form full soft rear.
Autocross = Full soft front 1/2 Trun down from full stiff rear (and then adjusted as the track needs).