Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Size Difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackness is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Size Difference?

Ok I bought Skunk2 Coilovers and Tokico D-Specs... NOT INstalled yet. But the coilovers are a lot smaller than the stock springs. Why is that? Are all lowering springs like that??? Thanks for Info guys...
Old 04-07-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Because coilovers use straight rate racing springs. Its a standard size diameter that fits the adjustable collars. I'm thinkin you should have done some homework first because I don't think skunk 2s fit on anything but stock shocks.
Old 04-07-2005
You Sonamabetch!!

nema84 is an unknown quantity at this point
have u even tried to fit the sleeve over the new shocks yet? im curious about this combo.
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Well actually the Tokico D-Spec is a pretty perfect size match to my stock shock. So the Skunnk2 Coilover works. I'll post pics when I get it installed. I was just curious because I was looking at the DIY spring forum and the stock spring is just a lot bigger, (across), than coilovers.
Old 04-08-2005
You Sonamabetch!!

ur a lifesaver, i've been waiting for some feedback on the d-spec's. let us know the details when u get those things installed.
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Yeah I figured I try something nobody has really done. So I'm in school right now, but I get home April 29 and will be putting them on the first week in May. I'm really hoping this setup, Skunk2 Coilovers, Tokico D-Specs, and SPC Camber Kit is nothing but NASTY... Comfortable, Low, and Just ALL around awesome.
Old 04-09-2005
You Sonamabetch!!

me too, but i looked on dezod and they're like over 7 bills, i hope they come closer to the koni price. they look like some hardcore shocks though. good luck, keep us posted.
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

Well I bought the D-Specs on Ebay for $530 shipped. I hear the whole kit with the springs is a lot. I didn't get that because I wanted full adjustablity, springs and shocks.