Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein S-Tech lowering...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snooze2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tein S-Tech lowering...

Hi Bros.. I do understand that Tein S-Tech gives a 1.5' drop on both the front and the rear... My friend's S-Tech gives a larger wheel gap for the front (by default the front is larger ya?) but looks cool for the rear.... hw can I achieve the same wheel gap for both the front n rear when I install mine??

Comments n suggestions??? Thanks alot for the information...
Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

Phil_Qc is an unknown quantity at this point
you need springs that give a lower drop in front.

Phil.
Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Phil_Qc
you need springs that give a lower drop in front.

Phil.
No way I can achieve it with the S-Tech?? I saw some pics frm here with these springs n the wheel gap looks equal... Thanks alot for ur info bro...
Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
There has been alot of arguments about these springs and i dont know if we have reached a conclusion as of yet. Being that you are lowering with springs how they sit is how it has to be. I have the s techs as welli and my wheel gap ist to bad about 1/4 inch diff from front to back i dont know why mabe i just got lucky. Heaeating them in the front is a way but i would never tell anyone to do so because it makes the spring britle. Doubt that any of this helps but there it is lol.

Erik.
Old 03-25-2005
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i'm dropped on tein s-techs... and i got extra weight from my heavy *** sub box..

the change doesn't look too obvious...
Old 03-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
i'm dropped on tein s-techs... and i got extra weight from my heavy *** sub box..

the change doesn't look too obvious...
Cool ride... U do mean the difference is not obvious ya?? BTW, what tire size u running in the pic??
Old 03-27-2005
Registered!!

Anyone else with S-tech lowering can post a pic?? I tried lookin under the lowered rides thread, but couldnt really find many bros using it... thanks for any response...
Old 03-29-2005
Registered!!

chohouston is an unknown quantity at this point

heres mine lowered on s techs....wheels are 205/40/17s....the front is a little higher than the rear, actually my rears are less then a finger and fronts are maybe a little less than 2 fingers....
Old 03-29-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by snooze2
Anyone else with S-tech lowering can post a pic?? I tried lookin under the lowered rides thread, but couldnt really find many bros using it... thanks for any response...
you can check mine in my members ride section. for some reason i'm getting red x's when i try to post. don't go by the pic in my sig...the lighting is weird
Old 03-29-2005
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snooze2
Cool ride... U do mean the difference is not obvious ya?? BTW, what tire size u running in the pic??
the difference in wheel gap.. the rear is slightly lower than the front

i'm rollin on 215/45-17's on 17x7 wheels

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 03-29-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2005
Registered!!

BananaSkin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have s-techs as well and yeah they are a little bit more lower in the back as well. is that like a design flaw? I mean, who would actually have wanted it lower in the back to begin with, that's retarded On the brightside it's not too noticable
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
the difference in wheel gap.. the rear is slightly lower than the front

i'm rollin on 215/45-17's on 17x7 wheels
Juz chked out ur album... ur ride rocks!!! Thanks for the info bro...
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the great information n reply bro... I will b installin my S-techs either later or tmr... will post some pics after I m done... Stay tuned!!
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

btuner is an unknown quantity at this point
go with the neuspeed i have a equal wheel gap in front and back and have never had problems with them
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
We can take care of you on either of these springs. As for the drop difference, from the pics I have seen the difference is not very noticeable. I wouldn't stress about it too much.
Old 03-31-2005
What happened to this forum?

silv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to all
Well my s techs have started to settle a bit. The back sags just a bit more than the front and gives it a more leveled look. Neuspeed springs make the front drop more than the back giving it a more aggressive look. Not really very noticable but if you look hard enough and know what you're looking for you will notice it.
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Tomola is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to get a set of the Tein S techs. Anyone not happy with them who's got them installed? How's the life on the spring? like get a good 4 years on them?
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Superman2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I had teins installed on my 04 civic sedan and I hated it. Infact, I had to take the rears off cause it was waaaayyy too low. The rear sagged soo bad it wasnt even funny and that wasnt them settleing or anyting. I left the front on there cause the fronts are perfect. For some reason the rears are terrible...at least thats what I think. I had major problems....and still do getting 215/45/17 tires not to scrubb with those springs on. NOw I have the same teins on the front and bought a set of goldlines..and used them for the rear.

I think after the fact, I should have just spent the money for a set of Eibach..either sprort-lines for pro-kit.

Dont waste your money and make the same mistake!!
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Superman2004
Hey I had teins installed on my 04 civic sedan and I hated it. Infact, I had to take the rears off cause it was waaaayyy too low. The rear sagged soo bad it wasnt even funny and that wasnt them settleing or anyting. I left the front on there cause the fronts are perfect. For some reason the rears are terrible...at least thats what I think. I had major problems....and still do getting 215/45/17 tires not to scrubb with those springs on. NOw I have the same teins on the front and bought a set of goldlines..and used them for the rear.

I think after the fact, I should have just spent the money for a set of Eibach..either sprort-lines for pro-kit.

Dont waste your money and make the same mistake!!

Sedans are heavier in the rear, even eibachs are lower (sag). If you are installing S-Techs on a coupe it should be fine.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

gass03ex is an unknown quantity at this point
the noted drop for the S Tech springs is 1.3 in. for the front and 1.4 in. for the there rear. the offset is supposed to be that way.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

7Gnoob is an unknown quantity at this point
I have S-Techs on a coupe and a sedan. The coupe sits perfect level, the sedan noticablly sags in the rear without any added weight. I would recommend them for a coupe only. The ride is near stock on both cars.
Old 04-28-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
the difference is actually quite noticeable when you compare the before and after.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23423.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	52707   Click image for larger version

Name:	33.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	52708