Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

steering wheel vibration help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
steering wheel vibration help!

Ever since the accident, the steering wheel will vibrate alot going 65+mph. It gets worse the faster you go, and there was nothing before (I could go to 90mph without vibration). So here's what I've done so far...also I have lowering springs and camber kit.

--had honda check suspension, said it was fine
--balanced wheels, said two were off
--fixed rear sway bar

Now the vibration is still there. I'm gonna get an alignment check again, even tho I just got one right before the accident. I don't know what else it could be. Someone said the tires might have a bald spot from when I smashed the brakes, or the shocks might be going out and making the wheel bounce. Please help I can't drive the car like this!
Old 03-10-2005
The Standard One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
try rotating the tires front to back.. if it still vibrates, yeah it might be the alignment
Old 03-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
did you rotate tires regularly before?

my gf had a similar problem. she hadn't rotated her tires in about 10k miles. she had 2 that were bad, and 2 that were pretty new. but since she didn't rotate, she got what is called chopping on her tires. i thought it was BS so i went to the garage and looked. basically, the tread on the "good" tires was uneven. inside, outside, everywhere, the wear pattern was horrible. so we had to replace all 4 tires because of the point it had gotten to. run your hand across the tires and see if you feel differences in wear. i wish i had pictures, there was like a 1/8 inch difference in tread between 2 spots that were maybe 2 inchs apart.

i don't think alignment is going to make the car vibrate. if it did, it'd start much sooner than 65mph.
Old 03-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
They could have done a bad balance. Thats what usually happens. They dont balance it right. Might want to look into that again as well
Old 03-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ya if they did...I'm going back to sam's club for another refund. I bet they did. I'm taking it to a REAL repair shop to have everything checked.