Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Front Camber Kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hyunj311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Camber Kit ??

I have a civic '03 and I'm having trouble in deciding what camber kit I should get. I have Eibach sportline on my car. I thought it would be fine w/o a kit but my tires wore out all unevenly so I had to get brand new tires. Now, I'm looking for a camber kit to avoid the weird tire wear. Well, my question is: is it necessary to get the "whole" front camber kit or can I just get the camber bolts only??..and is it hard to install it on your own or should i take it into the shop??...
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
SPC or Eibach Camber kits will do
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
SPC
Old 02-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
spc, ingalls, eibach = good

front camber bolts = not needed, uneccesary, dont bother with, watse of $20
rear camber kit = very good investment

did you get an alignment after you dropped ur car? im assuming u didnt and thats why ur tires wore out unevenly due to 'toe'
install is pretty straight forward if u know how auto suspension works and familar with tools.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I heard Ingalls aren't as good as SPC/Eibachs
Old 02-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

could be true, but i never dealt with any product by ingalls. i have spc and does it job perfectly fine. so theres my vouch for spc
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jttegx

front camber bolts = not needed, uneccesary, dont bother with, watse of $20
How are they uneccessary? I needed them. and $20 is not a waiste of money. If you are too cheap to spend $20, something is wrong. $20 to keep your alignment within specs is well worth it.
Old 02-09-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
You can get away with not doing the front camber bolts, although I did replace mine when I lowered the car and did the front struts. It is pretty common to grind out the strut mounting holes to get more adjustment, and works fine, but $20 for bolts is easier then the time to grind them out, IMHO.
Old 02-09-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
I would save my money. I put SPC Camber EZ Arms on the rear, and what a difference! The front suspension does not need the camber adjustment. I had my car alligned with Eibach Sportlines and the front was still at stock specs. The rear was the only thing way off with the springs and camber kit.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

c kim is an unknown quantity at this point
You could try a revo camber kit. Haven't heard a lot about it but you might like it. The front camber kit isn't too important, just a bolt with a cam. I wouldn't get ingalls cause they don't have an anti-rust coating on them but you could spray it all down with some wd40 every so often.

Is putting enamel on the camber kits a bad idea? Cause that would prevent rusting.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
Stay away from generic suspension parts. Ingalls and SPC are both very good. Contact us for 7thgen pricing. We will take care of you. I agree on the front kit, it is so low cost that I don't see a reason not to get it. Also, you are going to pay for a four wheel alignment anyways. Why not get your camber set perfectly?
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

hyunj311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by c kim
You could try a revo camber kit. Haven't heard a lot about it but you might like it. The front camber kit isn't too important, just a bolt with a cam. I wouldn't get ingalls cause they don't have an anti-rust coating on them but you could spray it all down with some wd40 every so often.

Is putting enamel on the camber kits a bad idea? Cause that would prevent rusting.
well, thanks everyone for their inputs and replies....based on what everyone said, I think I'm going to go w/ a rear camber kit (SPC or Eibach) and maybe get some camber bolts for the front....so for a '03 civic, I'm thinking that the rear camber does more damage than the front ones??...because from what I heard, most people get only the front camber kit and put washers for the rear....I don't know??....what do you guys think?....
Old 02-09-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Front camber not important.... Guess it depends if you want the car to handle better. I bought Two front camber kits Just to add more negitive camber!!!

but then I'm and autocrossing Nut-job....
Old 02-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Ehh... I find em useless as well. They move around. If you want to actually get it set right, use camber plates. A moderate drop won't put too much camber into the car, you can knock most of it out with the knuckle play. To hell with the specs.... a little negative camber helps the handling, and if your toe is 0, won't hurt your tires.
Old 02-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

Originally Posted by streetglower
How are they uneccessary? I needed them. and $20 is not a waiste of money. If you are too cheap to spend $20, something is wrong. $20 to keep your alignment within specs is well worth it.
i was referring to the civic 01+. i know other cars would need a front camber kit.
Old 02-09-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
SPC's are great.

And get front camber bolts, if you go lower than 1.5" you'll have to much negative camber and wear your tires.
Old 02-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

i have spc front camber but didnt put it in.
im dropped around 2" all around and my front tires show no sign of wear at all. maybe it depends on wheel/tire size?
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
another thing if you want to stay cheap, some alignment/frame shops can modify the struts to align out perfect
Old 02-09-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
i have an SPC front and rear kit...great product...and i recommend dealing with Peter from IAP (he posted a few replies ago...), he's a good dealer...
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by hyunj311
well, thanks everyone for their inputs and replies....based on what everyone said, I think I'm going to go w/ a rear camber kit (SPC or Eibach) and maybe get some camber bolts for the front....so for a '03 civic, I'm thinking that the rear camber does more damage than the front ones??...because from what I heard, most people get only the front camber kit and put washers for the rear....I don't know??....what do you guys think?....
washers are only for 6thgen and back! us modern peps gotta spend and get a camber kit. I.m dropped 2" and no problem on rear!