Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

teins are installed - still having problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
rofl. i'll try that sometime. waaaaaay too cold right now, and it's supposed to start snowing tomorrow
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by infinite012
just got back from the shop. the camber kit was not the problem, and the noise is still there. the tech said that it may be a bushing from something (i didn't have $ for diagnosing the prob), more than likely it is a bad bushing on the control arm. he told me to ride it out, so i'm going to do just that. the sound isn't that bad anyways. it just happens on bumps like speed bumps or pot holes. he also re-installed, and fixed - missing a sleeve, the driver's rear tein and only charged $30 as opposed to the normal rate of $75
Have you checked the exhaust! When mine hit after I dropped,it only did it on sb ans potholes! Just trying to help
Old 01-29-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
thanks, but i don't know if it is the exhaust because the noise is coming from the driver's side rear. the exhaust comes out the passenger side rear.
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
man i had all sorts of noise issues too when i put on my tien ss too. I cut the dust boots and but then the noise came back. For my rears it was obvious that the dust boots were in the way cuz i saw like folds ( like bends or bulging). Ima have to cut the dust boots some more when i get bak during spring break.
Old 02-10-2005

bump.

i hit a pothole yesterday at 30 mph and now i get a clicking noise from the left rear tein.

does anyone else think i got a dud set of tein basics?
Old 02-10-2005
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by infinite012
bump.

i hit a pothole yesterday at 30 mph and now i get a clicking noise from the left rear tein.

does anyone else think i got a dud set of tein basics?
where did you get your set of Teins from? they look quite dirty to be brand new. I had the same problem but after i hit some bumps it just seemed to go away. If all else fails, take out the dust cover. On mine i took out one but didn't take out the other heh
Old 02-10-2005

oh it's brand new. it just looks dirty because of the lithium grease that i used on the bottom spring perch...it dirtied up the shock body.
Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
i installed the my tien ss front coils only today (was late for work) and havent had any problems, reading this i made me kinda scared to see what its like tommorrow morning after i instal the rear. I may be back asking questions.

Oh and if i have to cut the dust boot, do you just use a razor blade or someting?
Thanks
Old 02-11-2005

razor blade should work...if not, some heavy duty scissors will work, too.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, i went over a bump too fast the day after i installed them and it started making this really bad noise like i was running over plastic the entire time i was driving. I used a hacksaw and cut off about 1/2 inch from the dust cover and the noise is gone and the strut is still very protected. Thanks for the help guys