Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I need some advice, my car pulls hard to the left

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
I need some advice, my car pulls hard to the left

Hey guys, Im not sure what kind of problem this is, but whenever I hit small dips in the road, like potholes...haha..POT anyways, whenever I hit them my car pulls hard to the left. It does it especially when I am trying to get a fast launch but even just driving like normal "civic drivers" drive (pushing the car hard so it will have *some* kind of 'get up and go')

What do you think is causing this?

thanks for the help

BTW its not the allignement because it only pulls to the left when I hit those dips, when driving its perfectly straight. It almost feels like my tires are slipping out from the car...i dunno

Last edited by Manthatguysfast; 10-04-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno but I think that might be normal not too sure
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

7Gnoob is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like "bump steer" which is typical of bad toe alingnment.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

Stratablak314 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ Yes. I'm pretty sure that it is bad "toe" settings. What suspension mods do you have?

I'd take it to the Honda dealer and get your alignment checked and tell them that you need your toe back to zero. should cost around $50. If that's not it I have no idea.
Old 10-05-2004

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i don't have any suspension mods...which brings my next question..where can i find tokico shocks and springs sold as a package?? anywhere? ive heard that this will make the ride hella smooth
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
i don't have any suspension mods...which brings my next question..where can i find tokico shocks and springs sold as a package?? anywhere? ive heard that this will make the ride hella smooth
I've never seen packages yet I just started "mutating" my civic haha. Try www.streetlevelperformance.com they have lots of good suspensions stuff. I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs right now and am planning on bolting on some Tokicos. I've heard they ride smooth as well, although for a lil more $$ you can buy a full coilover system which is really nice. I think they ride a lil rougher though.

>Slap me some rep points yo<
Old 10-07-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice

I think it'll ride a bit stiffer than stock
Old 10-07-2004

Hey I just went to www.streetlevelperformance.com and was looking at the tokico shocks but i found something kinda wierd.... if you buy the front/left, front/right/and rear shocks separate it comes out to like $335 but if you buy the set as a whole its $370. is this normal????
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

someguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I just went to www.streetlevelperformance.com and was looking at the tokico shocks but i found something kinda wierd.... if you buy the front/left, front/right/and rear shocks separate it comes out to like $335 but if you buy the set as a whole its $370. is this normal????
is that including shipping?
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Just go with the set dude, you can't screw that up and order the wrong parts. Also use yahoo or some search engines, maybe even ebay, and try and find some good prices.
Old 10-12-2004
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
I would stay with them. They have great service and wont overcharge you. Just ask them how much. After you get those instaled, I would get the car realigned.