Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

RSX Sway Bar & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX Sway Bar & Exhaust

Hey everyone, im getting a new APEXi World Sport 2 in about a month and I am considering getting an RSX Rear Sway Bar because the rear of my car is really loose when take corners fast. If I get the RSX Bar, will it clear hitting the exhaust? Also, the rear suspension squeaks when I go over bumps slowly, or when im just pushing up and down on the trunk. Does that have something to do with the sway bar? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Most likely wont clear
Old 05-11-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Um, Describe how the rearend of the car is loose on turns... Because the larger rear bar is going to make the car want to oversteer sooner. SO if the car is oversteerign now it may not be a good thing to get.

what else have you done with your suspension?

Also, A cars tendency to oversteer increases as speeds increase. so that may be the issue. Check your alignment and see if you have any toe Out on the rear, if so, set it to 0 toe, or a little toe in. that should settle the rear end down abit.
Old 05-13-2004
Extreme Member

It just feels loose, the rear sways over to the side when I take turns a little faster. I have a front upper sway bar on my car, thats pretty much it. If the bigger sway bar doesn't stiffen the suspension in the rear, what does it do then?
Old 05-14-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Does the car Oversteer (Fishtail)? hows your alignment (Proper alignments can make a car handle Like Night and Day)
Old 05-28-2004
Extreme Member

Yea, the rear on my car tends to oversteer. I have been gone for the past week, and I was in a part of texas that had winding back roads. I was taking a corner going about 30-35 that curved a little less than a 90 Degree angle and the rear skidded off road and I lost control of the entire car. Luckily nothing happened, but the rear suspension just seems to be loose, not helping to provide enough downforce on my tires or something like that. I do have aftermarket Konig Rated R rims w/ Khumo tires.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
If your car tends to oversteer and you would like to correct it get a larger front sway bar. But like ZZyZx said have your alignment checked. You could also check to make sure your front endlinks are still intact cuz if they're broken that could lead to oversteer.