Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

DC front strut bar + short ram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004
I want a TSX!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Question DC front strut bar + short ram?

I need advice.....

I have a getto eBay intake on my 01 LX MT. It seems obvious that I will not be able to get a strut bar that goes straight across the two towers because it will hit my intake (the intake rubs on the hood). I have seen a strut bar made by DC that bends forward and looks like it allows the use of an aftermarket intake, so.............

What is the best strut bar to use? I am also looking to get an AEM short ram for my car. If I get that can I use a straight strut bar or will I still have to get a curved one? I am pretty sure I will get an AEM short ram so what is the suggested best strut bar that will accomidate that. My budget is $5-$100 on the strut bar.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
DC sports and neuspeed will fit. EVERYONE here will most likely recommend neuspeed. The DC one is flimsy.
Old 03-24-2004
Registered!!

bob_tam is an unknown quantity at this point
if would you like, you can get the injen racing division short ram, this will fit any straight strut bar, but if you pefer AEM, then get the neuspeed bar.
Old 03-25-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Is injen CARB certified? I just want to get a legal intake for california and I know AEM is legal. Anyways where can I find a neuspeed bar cheap? I dont mind putting on a used one if anyone has one for sale..........
Old 03-25-2004

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Intakes don't have to be CARB legal from my understanding, only exhaust products.
Old 08-06-2004
Registered!!

trance4mer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by robbclark1
Intakes don't have to be CARB legal from my understanding, only exhaust products.
yes they do. i got a ticket for having an ebay intake. goin to take my car for inspection this monday. haev to put my stock intake back on.. heehee...
Old 08-29-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by trance4mer
yes they do. i got a ticket for having an ebay intake. goin to take my car for inspection this monday. haev to put my stock intake back on.. heehee...
that has nothing to do with what you quoted from robbclark...

sevenplaces, i'd personally would consider an cold air (if your living in the area where it shines) because when i had my short ram, it was ****. i feel like i wasted my $115 to lose my low end, gain just a little bit of high end. it sounded nice and all but i would never purchase an short ram ever again.

but like someone mentioned above, neuspeed front upper strut bar fits fine with usually any intake.. performs better than the DC sports bar too i heard. since you already have an eBay intake, match it up with en eBay strut bar too? im planning on purchasing some ebay strut bar but im worrying about clearance with stock air box =|
Old 08-29-2004

Originally Posted by trance4mer
That has nothing to do with CARB. It has to do with your state inspection and stupid cops. They do not have to be CARB legal because the government doesn't care about what type of air you suck into your car, just about what type of exhaust you are putting out. You could run no filter and individual throttle bodies and they shouldn't care. But if you are above CO threshold, then they will issue you a repair ticket.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Robbclark1, you know of anyone running Individual Throttle Bodies on the 7th gen ? Or does anyone here know and has pics ?
Old 08-29-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Originally Posted by GaryC17
Robbclark1, you know of anyone running Individual Throttle Bodies on the 7th gen ? Or does anyone here know and has pics ?

wats that???
Old 08-30-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
ITB's are cool.
Old 08-30-2004

I doubt ITBs will help the D17, so no, I don't know anyone.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i live in cali and here we have to pass visual and sniffer. anything that does not have a carb sticker and is not a stock honda part will fail. i just had to put my stock intake on to refinance the car because it had to be smoged. if you do not they will flag you and no one will be able to pass the car with out it being repaired back to stock. that is why k&n, volant, aem and everyone else who is a big name gets their intakes carb approved for all 50 states. if they didnt have to do that then why would they spend the money to have themm carb apporved it is very expensive.
Old 08-30-2004

Originally Posted by familycar
i live in cali and here we have to pass visual and sniffer. anything that does not have a carb sticker and is not a stock honda part will fail. i just had to put my stock intake on to refinance the car because it had to be smoged. if you do not they will flag you and no one will be able to pass the car with out it being repaired back to stock. that is why k&n, volant, aem and everyone else who is a big name gets their intakes carb approved for all 50 states. if they didnt have to do that then why would they spend the money to have themm carb apporved it is very expensive.
Point taken. I guess he was right. But most of us don't live in cali
Old 08-30-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
so what are ITB?
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

trance4mer is an unknown quantity at this point
i live in cali. and for having a non carb legal into i got a $350 ticket, wich i got till oct to pay. FvK!!!!!!!!!!