Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Forward/Backward compatability of factory suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Forward/Backward compatability of factory suspension

An attempt to just find this was kinda flawed by the fact that you can't just punch in 01 or 02 as part of a search term cuz its too short. So all I need is yes or no with some certainty and this can be locked...

The stuff is forward compatable because Teins need 01 upper mounts for all years, so I would assume that things are backward compatable as well (ex: dropping 03 upper mounts into an 01).
Turn my assumption into a fact.
Old 02-24-2004
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
You know what 01-02 uses 14mm bolts up front on the bottom part of the strut while 03-04 uses 16mm. If you have an 01-02 you can always drill bigger holes in the strut but i'm not sure what you have to do in order to get 01-02 is you have 03-04 suspension. I suppose you can use washers but it doesnt seem too safe.
As for mounts, I dont see why you couldnt switch 01 with 03 ones. as long as you get the whole upper setup that is.