Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

motor mounts yet??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003
Passin' You On 19's.....!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
futurersxswap is an unknown quantity at this point
motor mounts yet??

are there any motor mount kits out for our cars yet? like energy suspensions or something? ive been SEARCHING for some.. cant find em. and i think i need em...LOL.. let me know ANY help is appreciated... thanx guys!
Old 09-18-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
No motormounts. I don't know if manufacturers have invested the time into the D17 because of its so called limited potential. Call ES and see if they have anything in the works. If there is enough interested they will make them, but right now I dont think there is.
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

BIGLIMPDOG is an unknown quantity at this point
i need mounts to!!! Has anyone found them yet?
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

hothondacivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
you want the polyurethane motor mounts right , well first there no the mount its just inserts that go into the stock oem mount and make it stiffer i broke one of my motor mounts and found out that no one makes a motor mount for our cars so i had to order from dealer . but in the process i called energy and they said they had inserts for the motor mounts only they dont have a whole car kit yet just the motor mount inserts
Old 10-03-2003
Passin' You On 19's.....!

futurersxswap is an unknown quantity at this point
hey bro... did you end up getting them? if so.. how much? and where can i pcik em up.. i want em like YESTERDAY!
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

jdmb16ahatch is an unknown quantity at this point
u can make ur own if u want to take ur stock ones and add polyurethane to em ive seen that done before if u want to take ur stockers out and go crazy
Old 10-03-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Yes there are polyurethen ones out...search...the kit is like 300 bucks
Old 10-04-2003

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
according to ES's website there is no hyperflex full system for our car yet. There are only control arm bushings and front sway bar bushings. If you found differently then post where you got it from.
Old 10-04-2003
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
trying to eliminate wheel hop eh?

jus FYI if you didn't know already, the vibrations of the engine which are usually absorbed by the softer motor mounts will be transfered to the cabin when u put stiffer ones in...
Old 12-05-2003
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
any updates on this? my wheels are hopping like crazy and time i even try to launch it, even from 3000 rpm. i dont know if it is because of my stock tires back on or the fact that the tires are bald. any advise on this?
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
how do u know if you need motor mounts, every time i start off in first gear, i hear a loud creaking noise from under the car?
Old 12-06-2003

if you need motor mounts then your engine will shake more. and you will feel it shake when you stop and start.
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Civic2k1racer
how do u know if you need motor mounts, every time i start off in first gear, i hear a loud creaking noise from under the car?
I have a creaking noise too. It's only when it gets cold outside, like now. I thought it might be the strut bar or the spring making noises. Anyone know what this is?
Old 12-06-2003

hmm it is really hard to tell guys. I think if it was the motor mounts, you should hear it when you START the car. It is really hard to tell without being near the car.
Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

b18c1boy is an unknown quantity at this point
if its a loud popping noise when starting off its your motor mount. probably the front one. ive had to deal with dealership twice about these and i only have 45000 miles on my 2k1. have them check it out.