Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Progress? Neuspeed? none?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003
Ricerus Maximus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Progress? Neuspeed? none?

Ok, I have a stock suspension on my 01 lx sedan so I don't have any kind of sway bar on the rear like the rest of you do. I'm looking to upgrade my suspension a little bit, mainly just tweak a little bit. I have a generic fron upper strut bar and want something for the rear. I'm looking at the Neuspeed and the Progress Lower tie-bar/sway bar combo. Which one of these is better than the other if either is significantly better. You get what you pay for and the Progress one is $110 cheaper. If I get one, which one would you recomend and should I get it now or not since I have no other suspension upgrades. Should I wait on this until I get the car dropped or buy away?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Progress one will do just find. The neuspeed is way over priced. If you want to upgrade you rear sway bar to 22mm then your car is gonna get some over steer if you don't upgrade your front one also. Just buy the progress set of front and rear sway bars and get a set of 4 endlinks also.
Old 08-06-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You need the adapter kit to install it... just be aware of that... I don't think 01 LX/DXs have sway bars in the back.
I think the Neuspeed bar is a friggin rip... so go with the progress combo.
Old 08-06-2003

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
yeah, sorry i missed that. But boilermaker is right. You will need an adaptor kit and will have to drill holes in your chassis.
Old 08-06-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
buy grey's custom endlinks once he sells it. then progress rear sway bar setup. if you wanna go cheaper route, used rsx sway bar (19mm),generic low tie bar off ebay, ebay rear upper bar.
Old 08-07-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by robbclark1
yeah, sorry i missed that. But boilermaker is right. You will need an adaptor kit and will have to drill holes in your chassis.
What will the adaptor kit do in terms of how is my suspension different from say an 03 lx sedan. and what are the endlinks that are being refered to? What do they do? (I'm a suspension newbie but want to ride on rails) What all would the adaptor kit do?

Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
buy grey's custom endlinks once he sells it. then progress rear sway bar setup. if you wanna go cheaper route, used rsx sway bar (19mm),generic low tie bar off ebay, ebay rear upper bar.
I'm probably going to go with the ebay generic upper for now since that is what I'm putting on the front upper tomorrow but I want to eventually have name brand components for my suspension, mainly because of quality. The RSX idea is a good one and the thickness is only off from the Progress by 3mm so would there be that much difference?
Old 08-07-2003

well 3mm can make a world of difference. The thing about the 22mm rear is that you will probably have to upgrade the front also so that you don't have too much over steer. I know Mugen makes a 25mm one for the RSX!!!! That is way too big I think. If you get the 19mm one the car will be pretty stable and neutral.

the DX and the '01 LX do not have a rear sway bar. You need an adaptor kit to put one on.

See those brackets holding the bar to the chassis? That is what an adaptor kit will provide. Also you will have to drill holes into that part of the chassis to get those brackets in there.

That bar that is sprayed in this picture (the one going vertically) is an endlink. It connects the sway bar to the car. It allows some flex to help with handling. If you upgrade past 20mm you run the risk of breaking your stock endlinks. Hotchkis makes an all metal set as does Grey on this site. Look for his thread about endlinks. Another thing that can is help is polyurethane bushings. See those rubber bushings that hold the bar to the chassis? You can swap those out for stronger, harder poly bushings. Energy suspensions makes some.
Old 08-08-2003
Ricerus Maximus

Thanks guys, now it's time to start saving. I'm guessing I'll need 4 endlinks for the car, 2 for the front and 2 for the back, since I'm now convinced to get both bars. I appreciate all your help and links.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

rscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The Progress is great but be aware that if you have an aftermarket exhaust it may end up sitting on the sway bar. I have the Thermal exhaust and finally had to have Midas cut it in have rebend and then reweld it back together. You will not regret the change in handling though believe me.
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
if you get the RSX-S sway bar (rear) then you won't have to worry about any other problems such as exhaust knocking.
Old 08-11-2003
Ricerus Maximus

Awesome, I've got a friend that runs a Meinekie so I'm not worried about exhaust problems, he wants to build me a custom dual exhaust anyways, just in case he needs to show off what his shop can do.
Old 09-03-2003
Registered!!

Kimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by robbclark1
hi sir, sory but i'm a newbie on suspension mods i own a 2001 civic sedan and i just checked my rear lower chasis and they already had 4 holes just about where the adapter kit was screwed (in your picture).. does that mean i don't have to drill any holes?

i want to upgrade my suspension by getting a sway bar, if i plan to use an RSX bar, what else shoud i get for them to be properly installed? (i'm not familiar with the RSX susp. 'cuz they're not sold in our country - RP)

i'm actually interested with the progress bars but i'm hesitant with stories that they could actually cause the chasis to rip...

the upgrades that i have are only neuspeed sport springs n generic front upper strut bar

thanx alot

Last edited by Kimo; 09-03-2003 at 06:09 AM.