Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

h&r sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sandgrencivic is an unknown quantity at this point
h&r sport springs

I was wondering if the h&r sport srings for a 01 civic ex coupe are good. I have heard they are pretty good, but could someone let me know some more info. I mean how is the ride compared to stock, etc. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

keepingitclean is an unknown quantity at this point
ride is stiffer, not too harsh for daily driving but definitely not stock. i commute so i was very concerned too but its really not that bad. Handling is a lot better. I do have a little bit of camber.
Got mine from adventon.com great prices and great people. Installed at diamond bar honda for 80 bucks and it doesnt void my warranty. Also i asked the tech there if i needed a camber kit and he said its good but i prob dnt need it and the shocks should last since its not a really low drop
Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
I've got them and would certainly recommend them, especially if you're looking for a ride that's not TOO firm. I feel they've got a good balance of handling and comfort. . . especially for the price.
Old 07-11-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I have a set that I autocross with, you'll still understeer through slow hard corners, so adding the RSX's 19mm rear anti roll bar is a good addition to them (Helps rotate the rear). Ride quality is decent, and they dont beat up the stock strust as quickly as some other spring, so they last a bit longer. You will end up blowing them eventually, but its a slow process, took mine about 2 years.

Autocross: Out here we race with our steering wheels.
Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

mrad55 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm getting them on my car soon too. I'm just trying to decide whether or not to get a camber kit. The shop said that with the H&R drop i really dont need it. But, i'm thinkin of gettin the kit anyways.
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

ddongs is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the H&R for about a year.. due to a harsh road condition and my driving habit, my shocks are dead now. i have about 1.5-2 finger gap with the stock tire.. i didn't need a camber kit in the first time when i installed, but now i need them for the rear. I heard that with koni shocks, it will raise the car a bit.. so i am kinda thinking about getting lower springs now..
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Either way. . .if you at least budget for the camber kit, you'll be prepared to make the expense should you end up needing it once you get an alignment done. I ended up needing front AND rear. This is not the case will every car, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared to spend the money.
Old 07-12-2003
Ams
Registered!!

Ams is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had my HR springs on my 03 for about 4months now and they are great except in the beginning when installing them make sure the mechanic aligns the top of the shocks to the bottom along with the spring otherwise they dont sit properly and make a clunking noise during tight cornering. I live in Ontario Canada we get ice rain snow the first day after my springs were installed we had freezing rain and a bit of snow, the springs helped improved my winter traction. It was great. Not only does the car do better in dry weather it's actually better and safer in wet weather too. Definitely a worthwhile invest ment. No camber kit yet sofar so good, tires are wearing evenly all around, after 10000km with springs.