Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Best wheel locks for my em2 ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerseygurl234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best wheel locks for my em2 ????

hey guys so I just bought some 99 si wheels for my em2. I want to swap them onto my car soon but need some wheel locks for safe keeping. esp since i"ll be starting a new job in a not so good area. Is there a specific brand to get or style? I saw these on ebay any suggestions are welcome thanks!!!! ps I didnt want to have to get a whole new set of 16 lug nuts if i didnt have to but if it's best for my wheels i will.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-GORILLA-...a57bff&vxp=mtr
Old 07-20-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Best wheel locks for my em2 ????

Not sure about those. May suffer the same problem as a majority of wheel locks: bang a slightly smaller sized socket on and they zip right off. I saw a set of wheel locks awhile ago where the outside spun freely unless you had the key so hammering on a socket wouldn't work.

Thieves generally have 99% of the keys for the generic ebay wheel locks anyhow, but it would be a deterrent for a guy whos looking for a quick buck. If you have an aftermarket alarm with shock sensors, then that would also deter thieves from hammering on sockets too since it'd go off as soon as they go to whack em.
Old 07-20-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah we didn't have the key to those exact lugs in my old auto tech class and we used a smaller socket and took them all off...granted it was a pain to detach the socket from the lug afterwards so they'd definitely be a deterrent. But as it turns out another kid had the same lugs on his car and we used his key to put the lugs back on.... Gorilla lugs are very popular.
Old 07-22-2012
Registered!!

Jerseygurl234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Best wheel locks for my em2 ????

Thanks for the advice guys. Will try to find something unique. someone also told me to look into Mcguard locks.
Old 07-22-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I have Mcguard locks. They are nice. I have had them for about 5-6 years and are still holding up good. I know if people want the wheels bad enough they can get them off but it makes it more difficult. And like Zeferint said get an alarm with shock sensors, or tilt sensors so when they jack it up to take it off it will go off.
Old 07-22-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just like alarms, wheel locks are useless. thieves either have keys or a "universal" key basically any lock can be removed with the right tool and leave the wheel intact to be stolen. just like if you take your car to a shop and say you lost the wheel key, they can get the nut off for you. the best way to avoid theft is not get parts that are commonly stolen. that is the best deterrent.
Old 07-23-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

It's rare that thieves steal on a moments notice. If you have a very consistent routine, or leave the car parked outside at home, it's much more likely to get scoped out. If the car is left outside at home get a car cover for it. The exception would be if you left your GPS in the window at the mall. Then it's pretty likely someone will come up smash the window, take it and leave.
Old 07-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

car cover? lol that pretty much guarantees someone will want to know whats so good you have to cover it up.
Old 07-24-2012
Autocross Padawan

I suppose it could, but thieves will only steal what they see.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...tegory_Code=L1

There's a solid set of locks. No 2 sets alike with millions of possible combinations.