Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

I knew it was a matter of time till I lost it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011
200,000 and counting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough
I knew it was a matter of time till I lost it.

Was going to rotate the tires today, but couldn't find my wheel lock nut. Any clue where I can pick up the adapter? I don't have a p/n.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	82074  
Old 11-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: I knew it was a matter of time till I lost it.

if you have a nice socket set take which ever one is slightly too small to fit over the lock and take a hammer and beat it on there...then use a wrench to get it off.
Old 11-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

That looks like a Mcgard or OEM Honda lock nut, am I right?
Old 11-13-2011
200,000 and counting

thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
That looks like a Mcgard or OEM Honda lock nut, am I right?
yup, OEM Honda.
Old 11-13-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

To to the Honda dealership. They will be able to take it out
Old 11-13-2011
200,000 and counting

Yeah, getting it off isn't really the big problem. My rotation can wait a few more weeks. I know that Honda or even Wal-Mart can get it off. It's not like I'm sitting on the side of the road, I just need to buy another adapter to replace the one the elves have stolen, but there are a bunch of different adapters out there and don't know the name of the one I have.
Old 11-13-2011
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thesushiboy
Was going to rotate the tires today, but couldn't find my wheel lock nut. Any clue where I can pick up the adapter? I don't have a p/n.
my adapter consisted of liquid nitrogen and a hammer. it works for hijacking fuel trucks in dominican republic too LOL
Old 11-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can simply buy another set of mcgard/honda locking nuts and key but you need that lil card that came with your current set that has the code number. i think they make several different keys and nuts. if you lost it, you have to get a whole new set and change out all the old nuts. dealer has all the master honda locks, or you could look on ebay for the theives essentials kit which is a huge collection of many different lock keys for lug nuts. chances are it will have one that fits yours.

i found one key but not sure if it matches yours

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McGard-Wheel...item3a6c49050f
Old 11-14-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Running Riot
my adapter consisted of liquid nitrogen and a hammer. it works for hijacking fuel trucks in dominican republic too LOL

hey Dom i thought we agreed to keep that quiet, you never know who's listening. ttyl
Old 11-14-2011
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mac25
hey Dom i thought we agreed to keep that quiet, you never know who's listening. ttyl

will an easy out work? Like a really big one?
Old 11-14-2011
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
you can simply buy another set of mcgard/honda locking nuts and key but you need that lil card that came with your current set that has the code number. i think they make several different keys and nuts. if you lost it, you have to get a whole new set and change out all the old nuts. dealer has all the master honda locks, or you could look on ebay for the theives essentials kit which is a huge collection of many different lock keys for lug nuts. chances are it will have one that fits yours.

i found one key but not sure if it matches yours

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McGard-Wheel...item3a6c49050f
That's why I wouldn't even bother with locking nuts - if someone wants your wheels, they'll have the tools and they'll get 'em! But if you really want them, you're probably best to just get a new set.