Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

type s front and rear brakes in es2 sedan.......DONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
type s front and rear brakes in es2 sedan.......DONE

***REFER TO POST #21 FOR PICS OF CAR WITH 5 LUG******

welp ive been getting a good amount of pm's from people about my types brakes on my car so i decided to just post pics of the build i did a couple weeks back, sorry but i havent been able to take any pics of the final results cuz ive been busy with work the whole time but those will come soon. well anyways here is my build for a complete type s brake swap.

welp for some reference as to how i got the axles to work(dont wanna type it all) go to this thread where i explained it all about the axles:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=281341

first off the reason why i started this, plus i also had these parts laying around in my garage for awhile now:

and then here she is on jack stands and also with the whole knuckle assembly off:

and now for the parts i had laying around:

ok now ladies and gents here is the tig welded axle for those of you who dont wanna pay the $500 per side for the custom axles shaft(i currently the the custom axcle shaft in my car now)

nice clean welds for you...

and now for the rear final results:

yea thats all i have for now ill prolly take some new pics this thanksgiving weekend since i should have sometime(dayoff from work for the week...woohoo!)

overall brake feel with hawk hps pads and new brake fluid in the system...brakes are freakin GREAT! i stop pretty damn good to tell you the truth i love em! but i need better tires and plus i took off my abs, so yea need better tires so that i can brake a bit more better than with these stock tires o nhere.
questions? comments are welcome too.

Last edited by mr_fobster; 11-12-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
are you selling your.. what look like Rota Grids?????
Old 11-22-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
so why did you take off your abs?
Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
good job on the install.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
thanks for the writeup
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HondaLuver
so why did you take off your abs?
reason? well first off i need a new abs module(its not working at all) and also i had the sapre lines and connections laying around to route all those brake line together...... plus i did not want to spend $200 on a stock abs module......

and also yea you may say it will help with some panic stops and wat not, but to tell you the truth i dont drive dicking people from behind for me to make sudden stops like that.....i usually use cruise control everywhere i go(90% freeway driving) so basically its just dead weight in my car if i just left it there.

oh yea also here are the pics with wheels on and everything on the ground (i also had to raise the rear a bit cuz of the wider trac of the suspension now it was sorta rubbing really bad in the rear, so im gonna roll thge fenders soon, and the rears will be lower soon)......

type s front brakes

types rear brakes also!

yea sorry not photshoot quality its just that im waiting on somemore stuff to come in and plus its cold out tonight too.......plus i have too much car parts full of boxers(plus my k motor ) sitting in front of my car so couldnt manuver much.....but there you go....

comment anyone?

Last edited by mr_fobster; 11-26-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2006
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
sweet set up
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

pics of the car on the ground with wheels on are now up in my pervious post
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old 11-26-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
man, that makes me want to get a 4door.. ha. missing a lugnut on one wheel arent you?

Looks good man, very good- jdm tails too?
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
very nice
Old 11-27-2006
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
What tails are those? A+
Old 11-27-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^they're JDM tails
Old 11-27-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
So what happened here exzactly? hit a pot hole?

Originally Posted by mr_fobster

and 3rd tire down? Camber/toe Owns you?
Old 11-27-2006
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevbotron
^they're JDM tails
I relaly like those and the 04-05 tails
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
So what happened here exzactly? hit a pot hole?

and 3rd tire down? Camber/toe Owns you?
oh first pic is that the lca just straight cracked in half....while i was in toll traffic on the bridge.....

my old tires....yea they were no good anymore cuz i used to autox my sedan for funb, so i had set my rear camber to -2 degrees just so i can get more turn in for my preference to my driving. and then i put it back to stock alignment settings after i was done autoxing.
Old 11-27-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
to bad im still not in cali or ide be like wanna sell me those rims lol.
Old 12-12-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
reason? well first off i need a new abs module(its not working at all) and also i had the sapre lines and connections laying around to route all those brake line together...... plus i did not want to spend $200 on a stock abs module......

and also yea you may say it will help with some panic stops and wat not, but to tell you the truth i dont drive dicking people from behind for me to make sudden stops like that.....i usually use cruise control everywhere i go(90% freeway driving) so basically its just dead weight in my car if i just left it there.

oh yea also here are the pics with wheels on and everything on the ground (i also had to raise the rear a bit cuz of the wider trac of the suspension now it was sorta rubbing really bad in the rear, so im gonna roll thge fenders soon, and the rears will be lower soon)......

yea sorry not photshoot quality its just that im waiting on somemore stuff to come in and plus its cold out tonight too.......plus i have too much car parts full of boxers(plus my k motor ) sitting in front of my car so couldnt manuver much.....but there you go....

comment anyone?
oh how i miss my cruise control... lol.. stupid type R TB... lol

couldn't wait for the K eh?
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
couldn't wait for the K eh?

naw i have my k motors already
i got one a3 sitting in my garage, i got a brand new k24a2 from honda a couple days ago and i might by a hydro'ed warrenty motor from honda again too soon....so yea, just waiting on some money for the kpro......and then gonna start my all motor k24 build soon(*ahem* yea it helps to be a service tech from a dealership...i got my hooks, thats one of the perks of my job...lol)
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

black02seavik will become famous soon enough
if i only had the talent ***** and time as you did to do a 5lug coversion nice job on the project btw and nice car how much of a drop is that btw>?
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

^^ the drop is about 2" to 2.25" not too sure since i have d2 full coilovers...but the back is rasied a bit till i could roll the fenders....
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Re: type s front and rear brakes in es2 sedan.......DONE

ok here is a photoshoot i did awhile back with the 5 lug types brakes:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...hotoshoot.html