Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Im gonna smash my car through the entrance of Les Schwab Tires.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solidus is on a distinguished road
Im gonna smash my car through the entrance of Les Schwab Tires.

So I drop my car about a month ago and I take it in to get alligned by the geniuses working at Les Schwab Tires. The shop calls me up and says: "Um...yeah, we cant allign your car because we dont have a camber kit big enough to correct it. But we can order the whole kit for you and it will be about $480 with installation." So I say: "Go sit on your $500 camber kit you tool!" and i sucker punched him in the throat! -so I go to ebay, get the whole kit for like $50, and put it on.
Yesterday I take it back to get alligned and they call and say: "Um...yeah, we cant allign your car because the back tires are so worn at a bad angle. So you need to get new back tires. But we can order you 2 18" z-rated tires and it will be about $360." So I say: "You ***! I dont want your $400 tires!" As i scissor kicked his ***! So I went and picked up my car. Those bastards are so gay! They will rape you and then take all your money! Boycott Les Schwab Tires! They are horrible!
Anyway, I found these tires and they look bad ***! The tredwear rating is 360 which I guess its really good right?
Check them out Are they good tires?
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Solidus
So I drop my car about a month ago and I take it in to get alligned by the geniuses working at Les Schwab Tires. The shop calls me up and says: "Um...yeah, we cant allign your car because we dont have a camber kit big enough to correct it. But we can order the whole kit for you and it will be about $480 with installation." So I say: "Go sit on your $500 camber kit you tool!" and i sucker punched him in the throat! -so I go to ebay, get the whole kit for like $50, and put it on.
Yesterday I take it back to get alligned and they call and say: "Um...yeah, we cant allign your car because the back tires are so worn at a bad angle. So you need to get new back tires. But we can order you 2 18" z-rated tires and it will be about $360." So I say: "You ***! I dont want your $400 tires!" As i scissor kicked his ***! So I went and picked up my car. Those bastards are so gay! They will rape you and then take all your money! Boycott Les Schwab Tires! They are horrible!
Anyway, I found these tires and they look bad ***! The tredwear rating is 360 which I guess its really good right?
Check them out Are they good tires?

dude falken ziex512's are the hawtn3ss!! get them!!
Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Originally Posted by Mr.Modify
dude falken ziex512's are the hawtn3ss!! get them!!
sweet! Thanks modify. I was pretty blown away that they are under $100!
Old 08-12-2004
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah those falkens are good tires. Besides I do not see how having bad tire wear will prevent them from giving you a alignment.
Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Originally Posted by MrWong
Yeah those falkens are good tires. Besides I do not see how having bad tire wear will prevent them from giving you a alignment.
They say my back tires are really worn on the inside edge. (Which they are unfortunately) and they said that if they try to meet the allignment of the back tires (compensating for the bad wear) that the front allignment will be off.
Old 08-12-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
call another shop and see if they say the same thing...
Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

^thats a good idea
Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Is it ok if i get only two tires? They said the fronts were fine.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with just getting two tires. I did that for my fiance's integra.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
hahhahahhaha $500 for a camber kit lol
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
yea most tire and brake shops can get camber kits, but you have to pay the retail price for them, and it isnt cheap, it's like $360 for the rear, and $100 for the front. They are most likely trying to make you pay for tires at the retail price.
Old 08-12-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
I Work at Les Schwab Tires and i can get you a quote for them installed and im pretty sure that $500 is TOTALY incorrect. As for the name Les Schwab they are by far one of the most trust worthy tire shops in the pacfic north west. According to J.D. Power http://www.jdpower.com/awards/indust...ID=791&CatID=1

"Les Schwab continues to dominate in fulfilling and exceeding customer expectations and enjoys a commanding 44 index-point lead over its nearest competitor," Zupancic said.
So maybe its not them that were gay And BTW NO tire shop will match what you can buy online, and your $50 figure is everybody knows you cant get front and rear camber kits for $50. Let alone installed!
Old 08-12-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
And yes to do a PROPER alignment you should have tires on the car that dont have SEVERE uneven wear
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
And yes to do a PROPER alignment you should have tires on the car that dont have SEVERE uneven wear
How the hell does that affect alignment? I have had bald tires before and still got an alignement. Please explain that to me?
Old 08-12-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by streetglower
How the hell does that affect alignment? I have had bald tires before and still got an alignement. Please explain that to me?
If its SEVERE as in ALOT of camber wear, it can load the suspension to infact change the ride height, and we all know ride hieght changes camber right????? USUALLY it takes SEVERE as in like new tread on inside or outside and cords on the other edge of the tire
Old 08-12-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you're running around with -8 degrees of camber for a while, you'll trash the tire. If you then go correct it to -1 or so, you've now got an 8 degree angle on the tire tread... so when they align it, the tire won't sit flat on the road and it won't all make contact. You can try and have them "flipped" so the worn side is on the outside of the tire, then work on the other side if they aren't already completely bald, but thats like a temporary fix.
As for the front not being good because your rear tires being gone... thats crap. They've got nothing to do with eachother. You can get the front aligned by itself and they never have to touch the back.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol -8 that would be crazy. i drove aroud at -2.12 for like a week (camber kit was late) and i tought that sucked. once again i gotta go with tfnaaf severe wear will mess up the align. just get new rears. and make sure the tech is sane.
Old 08-12-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
If you're running around with -8 degrees of camber for a while, you'll trash the tire. If you then go correct it to -1 or so, you've now got an 8 degree angle on the tire tread... so when they align it, the tire won't sit flat on the road and it won't all make contact. You can try and have them "flipped" so the worn side is on the outside of the tire, then work on the other side if they aren't already completely bald, but thats like a temporary fix.
As for the front not being good because your rear tires being gone... thats crap. They've got nothing to do with eachother. You can get the front aligned by itself and they never have to touch the back.
Actually your wrong on the rear having nothing to do with the front. If the rear has a Toe problem then it will effect the thrust angle. If the thrust is far enough off .50 degrees or more it will cause the car to travle down the road crooked ( dog tracking ) This can cause the suppension to have un even loads on it and cause tire wear on the front not to mention handling issues.
Old 08-12-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
But from a worn tire standpoint, it doesn't matter. Your rear camber doesn not have any effect on the front of the car. This sounds like they're giving him **** from camber wear.
The rear toe isn't uber adjustable, so unless you hit something very hard, it shouldn't get knocked out of wack very far.
Old 08-12-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
But from a worn tire standpoint, it doesn't matter. Your rear camber doesn not have any effect on the front of the car. This sounds like they're giving him **** from camber wear.
The rear toe isn't uber adjustable, so unless you hit something very hard, it shouldn't get knocked out of wack very far.
For all pratical purposes , your correct the rear camber wont effect the front alignment at all. BUt if the rear tires are BADLY worn enought to effect the alignment it would effect the camber. So say they adjust the car with the BADLY worn tires. In theroy he puts new flat tires on this effect the alignment. It changes the camber, the change in camber will then change the toe. Granted we are talking about small amounts. So he the customer leaves buys his tires off www.tiresrusandcheapo.com they start to wear uneven slightly . He then goes back to the alignment shop to get it checked its now out small ammounts , the customer says WTF you just set that alignment now my tires are wearing funny, you owe me new tires. Hence why the guy recommended 2 new tires to do a proper alignment. Does this happen a lot? NO, has it happend yes more then i care to remmeber. They were just CYA, cover your @$$
Old 08-12-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
www.vulcantire.com has those falkens cheaper i believe..

edit: nvm, i thought the link u provided us was for 16"

but that shop sounds like thieves, i wouldnt bother comming back at all and spread the word about them with your expierence. thats how you eliminate the horrible shops while the quality ones are at top.
Old 08-13-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
but if you get rid of those shops, then tfnaaf will be out of a job.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
To me it seems that he was more offended at the fact of having to pay retail, and a proper explanation that should have been given to him in each circumstance, was not. But if the guys at the shop were in fact having an attitude, then the shop is wrong either way. You lose more customers by being rude to 1 customer than the amount you would gain by being perfectly polite (sp) to 20. alingment shops are usually pretty flaky as far as customer service goes anyway. kind like a interior designer, or long time car painters, there brians just seem to function on a whole nether plain of existance.

sorry for the rant
Old 08-13-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by infinite012
but if you get rid of those shops, then tfnaaf will be out of a job.
haha, no fear of the approx 380 locations going out of business anytime soon but thanx for the concern
Old 08-13-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Originally Posted by dragin
To me it seems that he was more offended at the fact of having to pay retail, and a proper explanation that should have been given to him in each circumstance, was not. But if the guys at the shop were in fact having an attitude, then the shop is wrong either way. You lose more customers by being rude to 1 customer than the amount you would gain by being perfectly polite (sp) to 20. alingment shops are usually pretty flaky as far as customer service goes anyway. kind like a interior designer, or long time car painters, there brians just seem to function on a whole nether plain of existance.
Amen to that my man. See the thing that pissed me off is they DID give me attitude. The guy even was like "Well you shouldn't drop your car this much." im like "Blow me tool! Its my car and I pay you to fix the damn thing! So fix it biach!"
That was the second time I have gone in there and talked to 2 seperate people and they were both complete gerks.

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
So maybe its not them that were gay And BTW NO tire shop will match what you can buy online, and your $50 figure is everybody knows you cant get front and rear camber kits for $50. Let alone installed!
It ended up being $70 for the entire kit and $15 for shipping, and I installed it myself. And the only compliment I got from Les Schwab is "Well at least you bought a good camber kit." So if you think thats i can go ahead and send you my paypall receipt if you want.

Thanks for the comments everyone, atleast I know now that the uneven wear and not being able to allign my car isn't total bs.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Amen to that my man. See the thing that pissed me off is they DID give me attitude. The guy even was like "Well you shouldn't drop your car this much." im like "Blow me tool! Its my car and I pay you to fix the damn thing! So fix it biach!"
That was the second time I have gone in there and talked to 2 seperate people and they were both complete gerks.

It ended up being $70 for the entire kit and $15 for shipping, and I installed it myself. And the only compliment I got from Les Schwab is "Well at least you bought a good camber kit." So if you think thats i can go ahead and send you my paypall receipt if you want.

Thanks for the comments everyone, atleast I know now that the uneven wear and not being able to allign my car isn't total bs.
did you buy that off ebay or something. Because I have never seen a full camber kit for that price, unless you found a shitty kit, or a used one. Give us the link to where you got it at.
Old 08-13-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

did you buy that off ebay or something. Because I have never seen a full camber kit for that price, unless you found a shitty kit, or a used one. Give us the link to where you got it at.
yeah I got it of Ebay. Its an OBX kit, I dunno -it seems great and the guy as Les Shwab said it was good, so i guess its cool. I was stoaked when I found it. Here is the kit:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bx95camberkit.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	35853  
Old 08-13-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

yeah I got it of Ebay. Its an OBX kit, I dunno -it seems great and the guy as Les Shwab said it was good, so i guess its cool. I was stoaked when I found it. Here is the kit:
So you went back to Les Schwab Gay Jerks to get thier approval of your PoS camber kit? And BTW i priced out front and rear camber correction kits (SPC kits ) retail price installed with 4-wheel alignment was approx $370. I'm not saying that its not possible you were treated porly cause it does happen....... But as a general rule of thumb its not the norm. If you would like i could call that store to confirm that they quoted you correctly and let thier manager know that you felt they treated you bad. If so send me a a PM