Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Painting my silver hub caps

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test123checker is an unknown quantity at this point
Painting my silver hub caps

Hey, i'd like to know what's the best way to paint my hub caps. Has anyone done it and what paint did you use and where do you buy them? I'd like it to be well intact so it doesn't chip or anything and I'd prefer it to be cheap rather than go to a autobody shop. Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Don't just paint... give it the Krylon Touch! I think theres a teflon clearcoat available. Use that after you paint it, it should keep the scratching to a minimum. What color are you going to paint them? And why not get some rims?
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

wasup boiler! I'mma paint it black or dark gray(just thought I'd see what it looks like). I'mma get some rims when I get more money. My car is still completely stock and I try to save as much money as possible damn, I should have painted it over the summer, its dam cold rite now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
OK, but seriously, I would not use spray paint. I was kinda jokin'. It looks really cheap. If you can, get an air compressor and an air brush or a paint gun and do it right. If you mess up with spray, it's gonna drip and run, and it will look aweful. I also wouldn't paint them black... steelies give the same effect. You won't be able to see them on if you paint them black. Making them gunmetal would not be too bad, provided you made them very shiny, but honestly, I'd leave them as is, and just save up some cash for rims.
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: test123checker
wasup boiler! I'mma paint it black or dark gray(just thought I'd see what it looks like). I'mma get some rims when I get more money. My car is still completely stock and I try to save as much money as possible damn, I should have painted it over the summer, its dam cold rite now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]
just brake hard a lot and the dust will accumulate and give you that gunmetal look
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

haha good one dragoon[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] What kind of paint do they use anyways for cars? Are those the once I should be using? oh yah, about the rims, when I buy them from the internet with tires, are they going to be shipped balanced already?
Old 11-03-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya i'm sorry but painting your hub caps sounds ghetto. might as well drive with the steelies. and i dont recommend you buy rim/tire packages online. they say they're balanced but you never know, i've heard many people complaining that they werent. they also usually dont include hub rings. what happens if their not balanced, your going to send them back? no thats extra money out of your pocket. if you find a package for 1100 online. shipping is 100 and plus you have to wait awhile and your not sure if they're balanced/include hub rings. you could usually work down a local tire shop to the same price. and if you have any problems, take them back.
Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah vnlilman I will agree I say go local and try to get them to match there price. Most I have talked to will do it, just finding a decent job so I can have cushion when I buy my rims

Nick