Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Unusual Wheel Shaking???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zubairq16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Unusual Wheel Shaking???

I have a 2005 Honda Civic Ex Coupe with 205,000 miles.

I recently had the following this changed:
- Both wheel bearings in the front
- Lower control arm bushings
- Ball joint
- Tie rod end
- New tires with balance
- Alignment

When I drive my car on highway speeds the car starts shaking. It's pretty constant shaking and there is no range of speed at which the car shakes more or less, as soon as I go above 60 there is a constant shake even at 100. No shaking at all below 60. I did suspension test on my car bouncing up and down and suspension seems fine.

What could possibly be causing my car to shake????
Old 10-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unusual Wheel Shaking???

Are the wheels stock?
If aftermarket wheels, are the centering rings all correctly installed?

Take it back to whomever installed and balanced the new tires and have them drive it--or you take them for a ride to demonstrate the issue. Probably needs balance redone.
Old 10-01-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Did you or someone else hit anything hard with the wheel after the balance? The rim may be bent or a segment of weights could have fallen off.

I agree withe Ezone, return to the balancing shop for verification.
Old 10-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

EGR system blocked with carbon buildup?
Old 10-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about

Get your tires rebalance at another shop. I had a similar issue when I bought my tires and they shop balance them 3 times and same issue. I took it to another shop that had a 15 year old balancer and 3 of the tires were out of balance. These new balancers needs to be calibrate on a regally basic which most shop don't do or they don't do it at all.