Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here
View Poll Results: Hawk HPS vs EBC Ultimax
Hawk HPS
92.86%
EBC Ultimax
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Hawk HPS Brake Pads vs EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Hawk HPS Brake Pads vs EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

Alright, I know that its been asked before and i have searched but i haven't seen anyone compare these two pads... so i'm also going to add a poll to this. if the any moderators are around and think this should be stickied by all means. i think it should be.. just my opinion.

well let me know what you all think!!

NOTE: These are just going to replace oem pads and go onto brembo oem replacement rotors...
also just as civicsrcool did, if you have either tell us why you liked them...

Last edited by filipinop1405; 08-17-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hawk HPS Brake Pads vs EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

hawk for racing, ultimax for anything not racing.

i got my ultimax and i love them!
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

^ thanks bro but vote too
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

ugabuga is an unknown quantity at this point

i am happy with the OEM's and am on my second set.
Overall HPS > Ultimax and HP+ > Greenstuff and may = Redstuff

I havent gone to upgrade the fronts cause first I like the way they stop for the most part and I dont see performance rear shoes, so putting grabby pads in the front would change the brake balance and I dont want that.
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

i understrand that...thanks!!
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

ps. i just have to say i have the HP+ front and back on my tercel and they are friggin amazing!
Old 08-18-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

hawk hps are a great set of pads. I have had them for about a year now, and even tho the dust is higher than oem, the stopping power is amazing.
Old 08-18-2008
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Where are you going to buy your pads from? I was actually considering the brembo blanks too
Old 08-18-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

get the hawks PLUS pads. they are bout the best it'll get for stock civic.
Old 08-18-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

my vote is for the hawks

they take a while to heat up IMO, espeically during winter. they def. bite pretty hard when warmed up and within 4 days after cleaning my SA3R's, my blue anodized lip is covered in brake dust so if your looking for little to moderate brake dust, look elsewhere.
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

yes the HP+ are dust monsters too but who cares. They say they should squeak too but mine dont ... dunno why,
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

come on jay you know you coulda just asked me man...
my HPS pads have been going strong for about 40k now. only complaint is that they do create a lot of brake dust, but i'm not very hard on my brakes anyway. awesome pads overall though.
Old 08-25-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oem brakes already give off a ton of dust, after one drive to the store the whole side of car has black dust lol. i cant imagine any worse. and the oems work well for me so im gonna say neither. unless you do alot of hard driving, i would say stick with stock. they are very good from the factory compared to other cars.
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

im running hawk pads on all four corners and i love them.
Old 08-26-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm....I can't say yay or nay to either. I'm running PBR Metalmasters (i.e. Axxis) and love them. Great grip, minimal dust.
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

i agree. I've been using OEM only on my civic and they are great for stock pads.

Originally Posted by gearbox
oem brakes already give off a ton of dust, after one drive to the store the whole side of car has black dust lol. i cant imagine any worse. and the oems work well for me so im gonna say neither. unless you do alot of hard driving, i would say stick with stock. they are very good from the factory compared to other cars.
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

im the lone ranger
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Huh?
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

^^ im the only one that voted for EBC lol. i think they are awesome for stock replacements. and i only got my EBC ultimaxx for around 25 bucks.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Too be honest they're all good choices. Any decent ceramic pad would do fine. Some are more dusty than others thats the only drawback, whether it be stock, EBC, HAWK, or any other brand.
Old 08-28-2008
Registered!!

hp+ are metalic. Dont know about HPS.
Ceramic should be less dusty

I think Ultimax are organic