Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Rim Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rim Spacers

I just got some Rota Slipstreams today. I noticed that they added a spacer between the rim and the front disc/ rear drums. Is this necessary? Will there be any side effects to this? You guys running slipstreams have this added too?
Old 05-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
It shouldn't be if you bought the right offsets. I've never seen anyone have to run spacers with shitstreams
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you tried it without the spacers on? Iv'e seen when they grind down the caliper a little for clearance.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
It shouldn't be if you bought the right offsets. I've never seen anyone have to run spacers with shitstreams
What is the correct offset ? According to the guys that installed it on my car, they claim the car will be unstable without the spacers and there might be vibrations.
Old 05-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GaryC17
What is the correct offset ? According to the guys that installed it on my car, they claim the car will be unstable without the spacers and there might be vibrations.
Can I slap them for you or would you like to do it?
If the offset is either 40 or 45 then take the spacers out and give them back.
Their rationale is a wider track is better, but its at the expense of trashing your wheel bearings and messing with your suspension reaction forces. If its less than 40 (I don't know all the Rota offsets), then definitely pull off the spacers, if its more than 45 then either you bought, or they gave you the wrong wheels.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

So they will fit as long as the offset is 40~45??
Old 05-21-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
yes they will
Old 05-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Those are your options for slipstreams. They're either 40 offset or 45 offset. Rota doesn't make them in any other offset that fits the car. So... if they're not one of those 2, then you got the wrong wheels.
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

Can I slap them for you or would you like to do it?
If the offset is either 40 or 45 then take the spacers out and give them back.
Their rationale is a wider track is better, but its at the expense of trashing your wheel bearings and messing with your suspension reaction forces. If its less than 40 (I don't know all the Rota offsets), then definitely pull off the spacers, if its more than 45 then either you bought, or they gave you the wrong wheels.
Sorry for the confusion. I just got a friend to visually inspect these so called "spacers" and he says they are eccentric hub rings and not spacers. So should I remove these now and is the installer right this time ?
Old 05-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

NO!!!! leave the hubcentric rings in
They keep the wheel centered on the hub.
Old 05-24-2005
Registered!!

NO!!!! leave the hubcentric rings in
They keep the wheel centered on the hub.
I thought that was the job of the 4 lug nuts? So can I say that every after market non oem wheel requires a hubcentric ring ?
Old 05-24-2005
Registered!!

STEALTH_CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
rimspacers? yea I have a couple. I like the new NexuS xp3000 rim spacer from wheeldiscount.com I got a set for around $150 shipped. My friend got a really good deal for me. my wheels are sticking out around 5"inches. I get great gas mileage now.