Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Warrantee Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004
Stop f*cking with me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Warrantee Information

Alright, since my friend pulled my e-brake, my car has been creating the most annoying feeling and sensation due to the balding of the tires. I know this because the noise continued, even after I rotated the tires, only in the front. Plus, the tires are bald down to about an inch and a half in certain areas. Anyway, I need to get these bitches replaced (only the front two). What’s the likelihood that my warrantee will cover them? Or, will they (Bridgestone) just blow it off as negligence and I’m left with a bill? The noise is pissing me off. It makes me feel like the brand new car I’m driving is less than new.
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
None. Anyone can tell what happened. Tires do not get worn like this unless someone pulls the e brake. And tires are not usually warrantied since they are a wear item.

Slap your friend, take him to the tire store and have him pay for them. Besides ruining a set of tires, he could have caused an accident. How much fun would that be.
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

gints is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, except you've got to do a little more than slap your "friend". No friend, at least one with a brain, would pull a bonehead stunt like that.
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grumble
Plus, the tires are bald down to about an inch and a half in certain areas.
pulling the e-brake has nothing to do with the tires going bald, this sounds more like an alignment issue. If your tires are going bald in certain areas, you might have defective tires, or you need an alignment. Sounds more like you need an alignment. When your friend pulled the ebrake, did your car go spinning or something, what exactly happened when he did it?

but no they will not be covered under warranty unless firestone considers them defective.
Old 10-31-2004
Stop f*cking with me.

Grumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
pulling the e-brake has nothing to do with the tires going bald, this sounds more like an alignment issue. If your tires are going bald in certain areas, you might have defective tires, or you need an alignment. Sounds more like you need an alignment. When your friend pulled the ebrake, did your car go spinning or something, what exactly happened when he did it?

but no they will not be covered under warranty unless firestone considers them defective.
Ok, I'll correct myself, the tires are only bald in one certain area. The Alignment is fine... I mean, ****, the car's only 6 months old, and I have noticed no alignment issues (car favoring one side, drifting to left or right, ect.). But yes, the car spun about 270 degrees, and I'm pretty sure that's what cause the tires to get ****ed up like that. You don't spin like we did and not have tired issues.
Old 10-31-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It still doesn't matter. Unless you can prove the defect, then they won't be warrentied. Your friend Fvcked them up, not firestone.
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grumble
Ok, I'll correct myself, the tires are only bald in one certain area. The Alignment is fine... I mean, ****, the car's only 6 months old, and I have noticed no alignment issues (car favoring one side, drifting to left or right, ect.). But yes, the car spun about 270 degrees, and I'm pretty sure that's what cause the tires to get ****ed up like that. You don't spin like we did and not have tired issues.
spinning the car one time or several times isnt going to cause that bald spot in the tire. You would have to be spinning for a long time for that to happen. I still think you are having an alignment issue. Go get it checked out. It doesnt matter if your car isnt pulling, there can still be something wrong. Can you perhaps show us pics.

And yes robclark, I know even if there was still a defect, you would have to prove it. All I am trying to say about this is spinning not even a full circle would not cause a bald spot in the tire. My friend has a 2001 GTI and he burns out all the time and does non stop 360's in it and his tires have only worn normally like any tires do.