Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

18" 5Zigen GN+ UPDATED W/PICS on PG. 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
18" 5Zigen GN+ UPDATED W/PICS on PG. 2

This question goes out to all you rims people, will 18x8.5 have any problems with fitment on our car? I'm in the market for a new set of wheels. I used to have RH C2 18x7.5 and now looking into the new 5Zigen GN+ in bronze. I found them at wheelmax.com.

Last edited by dvsdara; 11-02-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dvsdara
This question goes out to all you rims people, will 18x8.5 have any problems with fitment on our car? I'm in the market for a new set of wheels. I used to have RH C2 18x7.5 and now looking into the new 5Zigen GN+ in bronze. I found them at wheelmax.com.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WHEELMAX.COM

They are over $250,000 in debt, they have NO customer service department. They will Sell you wheels and as soon as they take your money, you are SOL if anything is wrong or if they come in Damage, (as did mine) I spent $2600 on two sets of wheels and they treated me like a two dollar *****. The cheap balancing fell off, two came in with chips, one VERY badly. It took me a month to get another wheel.

NOT JUST ANY MONTH

It tooka MONTH of me calling EVERY day... you can not call the 800 number, you have to call long distance to speak to their ONE customer service lady, whose line is ALWAYS busy ... I would sit at home for HOURS calling every five minutes.. HER LINE IS ALWAYS BUSY...

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WHEELMAX.COM
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

I never said I was buying them from wheelmax. Just wondering about an 8.5" width on our car...When I am ready to buy, I'll be giving Eddie at Truehonda a holla...if not, then its back to the local shop and see what they can do for me. Good looking out anyway on your part. Just wish I can the the pic up and show which rims I'm talkin about but I'm at work and don't have any picture software that I can size it down.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

bobbio is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ I totally agree. Wheelmax's service sucks big time. I wanted to change my order half an hour after I made it and it was a b*tch to do so. They prety much only have one person running the place. They kept promising that they would call me back but never did. I saved some money on my wheels but would rather go somewhere else and pay a little more with better service. Sorry that I didn't answer your question. Just wanted to inform you about Wheelmax so you don't have to go through the same frustrations.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

^^^ No prob bob. Good lookin out too. I was just searching to see what line of wheels 5Zigen have out and they just happen to have something I like. I def. don't plan on buying from there so don't worry about that. Just gotta get an answer to fitting an 8.5" width on our car.
Old 10-29-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I don't see how 8.5 would hurt, unless you're tucking, in which case you've got to dial in some camber and/or roll the fenders.
Old 10-29-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
depends on what your offset is

I had ssr competition's 16x7.5 and I was less than 1 cm from rubbing in the back ... and the fronts shredded up my wheel wells... I also had 225/50/16 tires though ;P

offset was +42 I believe
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TeLLy
I don't see how 8.5 would hurt, unless you're tucking, in which case you've got to dial in some camber and/or roll the fenders.
That's my thought on it too. Just checking with other members to find out some more.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
depends on what your offset is

I had ssr competition's 16x7.5 and I was less than 1 cm from rubbing in the back ... and the fronts shredded up my wheel wells... I also had 225/50/16 tires though ;P

offset was +42 I believe
Wow. I had 18x7.5 with 215/35 and they were fine. Probably cuz you had them beefy tires on there. I must say though, I'm impressed with the GN by 5Zigen. I'm so picky with rims. I didn't wanna downgrade from RH to anything cheaper.
Old 10-29-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
don't get them, not worth it. get some 7.5 max, and width 215. so they wont rub
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
I have 18's x 7.5 too.. Looks like plenty of room with stock suspension...
I dunno though what is the thinnest tread you can put on a 8.5" ??
Old 10-30-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
you'll be fine, but why not be safe and run 7.5"

on a 8.5 ur gonna have to run like a falken azeni st115 tire.. otherwise ur gonna rub..

offset reccomended is... +47 or in that area....

like i said falken 215" wide or dont even buy em
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

I'm gonna run the 7.5". I finally checked it out on www.5zigenusa.com and they run between 7.5-9.5. Once I get thru this winter, I'm gonna grab me a new set of 18x7.5. Thinkin about 19's, but I don't wanna spend too much on rims and Massachusetts roads and highways, better yet New England roads sucks after the winter.
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

dejuw is an unknown quantity at this point
agree with rijowysock, 18x8.5 will be fine with correct offset...

my friend use 19x8 front and 19x9 rear, he has to roll the rear fender but he is doing fine... no rubbing
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dejuw
agree with rijowysock, 18x8.5 will be fine with correct offset...

my friend use 19x8 front and 19x9 rear, he has to roll the rear fender but he is doing fine... no rubbing
I'm just gonna stick with 18x7.5. I don't wanna roll the fender or cut them. I won't be riding too low cuz of the roads over here. I'll set the ride height just above the tire or set it for a two finger gap and I'll be set.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Ok, so I've made the decision to grab me the 18x7.5. My next problem is choosing color. As of right now, I'm leaning toward the bronze. Lemme know what you guys think.

Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Bronze looks good.
Old 11-02-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Authorized 5 Zigen distributor right here. Gimme a hollar when your ready! Someone on here already as those exact wheels, in bronze, sold by us to him.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
Authorized 5 Zigen distributor right here. Gimme a hollar when your ready! Someone on here already as those exact wheels, in bronze, sold by us to him.
Awww damnit. I didn't think anyone had them yet. I'll def. give you a holla when the time comes then. Didn't realize that you were an authorized 5Zigen distributor.
Old 11-02-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Man those rims are HOT.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Took me a while to find what I like. I didn't wanna downgrade to anything else after I got rid of my RH C2. Now I finally found something that's as respectable as RH. I'm picky as all hell.
Old 11-02-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Took me a while to find what I like. I didn't wanna downgrade to anything else after I got rid of my RH C2. Now I finally found something that's as respectable as RH. I'm picky as all hell.
I understand. I have the C2 Evo's and they are a nice quality wheel. These Pro Racer GN+ are just as nice IMO. Great choice! Let me know when your ready. I'll set you up with a good price including delivery.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
I understand. I have the C2 Evo's and they are a nice quality wheel. These Pro Racer GN+ are just as nice IMO. Great choice! Let me know when your ready. I'll set you up with a good price including delivery.
Sweet. Good looking out Dezod.
Old 11-02-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Sweet. Good looking out Dezod.
No problem. Anytime my man! That's how we do it for the 7thgen FAMILY.
Old 11-02-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

I'm gonna run the 7.5". I finally checked it out on www.5zigenusa.com and they run between 7.5-9.5. Once I get thru this winter, I'm gonna grab me a new set of 18x7.5. Thinkin about 19's, but I don't wanna spend too much on rims and Massachusetts roads and highways, better yet New England roads sucks after the winter.

if 5zigen made 4x100 19's,..........
Old 11-02-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

c2 evo's are pos quality in comparison to the 5zigen.... now... Racinghart.. is superior to 5zigen..

u dont get me but some do...

i swear ima start a fuc kin riot over RHevo/racinghart
Old 11-03-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rijowysock
if 5zigen made 4x100 19's,..........
If I was gonna get 19's I'd go with something else. I know that 5Zigen don't carry those in 19's. You understand how hard it is to find a set of rims that you can really be happy with. I'd be happy for maybe one year, and then they next year I'd wanna change rims again.
Old 11-03-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know the weight of the 17's and 18's of that wheel? That is a damn sexy wheel.
Old 11-03-2004
Registered!!

FTK01CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
go bronze!
Old 11-03-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
www.rimstogo.com

Quick Reply: 18" 5Zigen GN+ UPDATED W/PICS on PG. 2