Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

best price breaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autodeltaracing is an unknown quantity at this point
best price breaks

im looking for the best price on honda parts to order online. i have an 03 honda civic coupe lx and i warped my rotors and i need to buy some new ones. i was told there was a website that had 'em for about 60 bucks each. if theres anybody out there that can help me with informing me with that ummm thatd be great. thanks please dont tell me to look harder couse i already have and this is my last resort.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
You can get upgraded brakes if you wish. I believe your local autozone or carquest may have them. We sell pads for $69 a for Hawk HPS which are similar to stock but grip much better and last longer.

www.truehonda.com
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy is on a distinguished road
can u use hawks with stock rotors without tearing them up?
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Yes or brembo blanks
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
I never upgraded but I ussually get Raybestos for all the cars I work on. They are cheap and decent. (Autozone, pepboys, all the big chains and some of the small shops have em.) I'm doing my Civic, this weekend, so I'll let you know how much they are, when I go get em.
Old 10-29-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
if you're slim on cash, you don't NEED to get new rotors .. just take them to any shop (ie. pep boys) and get them machined ...

but yeah ... aftermarket rotors are more resistant to warping
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

machined rotors are more prone to warping and cracking. Most places who re'surface actually tend to cut down which IMO is worthless. If your rotor is unbalanced and weak, weaken it more but cutting down the imperfections.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
eddieeeeeeee

do you still have brembo blanks?? (and AEM nissin probably?)
Old 10-29-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Autodeltaracing
im looking for the best price on honda parts to order online. i have an 03 honda civic coupe lx and i warped my rotors and i need to buy some new ones. i was told there was a website that had 'em for about 60 bucks each. if theres anybody out there that can help me with informing me with that ummm thatd be great. thanks please dont tell me to look harder couse i already have and this is my last resort.
We have boat loads of pads for your car!

All price ranges too!

http://www.dezod.com/cat_brake_pads1.cfm
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

The thread compitition of vendors for pads haha. Whichever you choose, us www.truehonda.com or dezod, you will have a good experience.

Eddie
Old 10-29-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Ok... lets just do this. In the site marketplace, there's numerous threads about brake bits for sale by vendors. There's also a list of the vendors with site links at the bottom of the Forum index page. All of them have good reps with the members of this site, so you can feel safe ordering from any of them, look through their sites and find what you're looking for.
Brembo blanks, which are probably the best bang for buck rotors, can be had for about $40-50 shipped each from most places. Decient aftermarket brake pads can be found for cheaper than honda factory pads and will also outperform them.... so there you have it. Before capitalism takes this over, I'm just going to close it.