Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Wheel Q

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Wheel Q

Hey everyone! First timer.

Just wondering, when you guys put your new wheels on , did you keep the drums in the back, or replace them with disc brakes? Is there any special mod necessary or can they be just put on without any trouble. Also, how big can I go, so I can cover up the space in between the tire and the body without having to lower the car. Do I need to find one of those universal 8-9 nut spaces to be able to use the four with a bigger size? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
damn dude, I know you are new and what not, but search around the forums first. With rear disks, yes it can be done, so many members have done it, but you need parts from a 02-03 civic si. it isnt any trouble to do as long as you have the parts. Will cost you anywhere from $400-$1000 depending on where you get the parts and if they are new or not. Now to cover up those spaces, your best bet would be to lower it. Unless you want your ride to be really slow then put some 19's-20's on there, that will do it. But like I said search around first this has been covered millions of times. Most likely this will get locked by a mod.