Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

how much $ for alignment??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how much $ for alignment??

How much would you say a GOOD alignment cost? I took my car to a specialty alignment shop and the guy told me $80. He charges more because my car is dropped (bout 2 inches) and the fact that I have 19s. He says he charges $10 more for every inch over 17". I could tell this guy is good because he knew what he was talking bout. He also said that most shops wont align droped cars, which is true cuz i've been rejected before. So is this a reasonable price, or am i being ripped off?
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

MYNAMESTAKEN is an unknown quantity at this point
thats what i paid.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yea that is a good price, and you are rite some shop dont want to mess with drop cars.
Old 03-04-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Go to a NTB...its $59. That price is a ripoff.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

what's NTB?
Old 03-04-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
national tire and battery?
Old 03-04-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
you live in Miami, there has to be a good shop somewhere around you. ask the local people. most regular alignment shops may not take you but find someone who is used to dealing with lowered cars.
Old 03-04-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
NTB is national tire and battery...or try a sears, its the same parent company. $80 is seriously way too much. It should be between $50 and $60
Old 03-04-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I paid 60 for a run of the mill alignment. AIM tuning in Indianapolis charges $150 for a race alignment.
I don't see how the wheel size costs more money... that makes no sense at all.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

hmmmm...interesting
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
crap i say! i hit a big pothole today (hit hard to where i felt it in my teeth). i think my alignment is off now, because the vic leans towards one side a little. luckily... i haven't got my rims yet, otherwise i would have been be f*cked. lease:

Last edited by rckdrmr; 03-04-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
man, I get free alignments. I have been doing business with this brake shop for over 4 yrs. and am tight with everyone there. I paid $89.95 for a lifetime alignment, and now I can get an alignment whenever I need one for free. Tight huh?
Old 03-05-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Damn, I want that deal...
Old 03-05-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
there aint no places where you live that offer that. The tight thing is, they wont work on cars that have been modified or drop or anything of that nature. But they work on my car. The manager tells me that if any other person came in there and got a alignment and car was dropped, they would have to pay $50 every time. I get it free every time.
Old 03-05-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
yooooooo go to honda and get to know a mechanic they do mine wl the lasers and mirrors for 85$ they take off front bumper... ride front up on lift then put 2 jacks under rear and jack up to height of front... ride car forward while it pulls itself on the jacks.lolol then they adjust everything perrrrrrrfect mines exactly perfect.. then they reverse to get down and ur good to go... last time we had to jack up all 4 corners cause the front woudlnt even go up it(3.5" drop) but hey do what u gotta do cause their machine is pimp its got swivels on the wheels and it calculates as they go.. and its got bags under it to raise the car w/o wheels rasiing and lifts to raise wheels its awesome.. or come to my honda place in tampa and i'll get my guy to do u up..

riley
Old 03-06-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
The only way $80 would be resaonable charge if that includes removing the front bumper to be able to do the alignment. I would have to agree on the $59 approx as an average price for a 4-wheel alignment. My last alignemnt i asked if was ok if i removed the front bumper while they set it up on the machine as it was neeeded to be removed for the two front alignment heads on that paticualry machine wont read unless they can see each otehr from side to side. Another reason alot of alignemnt shops refuse to do lowered cars is beacuse of the hassel of getting a lowerd car onto the alignment rack. If the alignemnt shop has a pit its MUCH easier! As for charging extra for wheel size ...... SCAM! There is no realistic resaon he should charge more for wheel size. Thou when i used to do alignments i did dislike doing lower profile wheels and tires do to the risk of scratching the wheel. Some wheel alignemnt equipment needs great care being installed to avoid a head poping off the wheel and scratching the wheel.
Old 04-05-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
90 - racing alignment
105 - corner balancing