General 11th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

How come none of the 2024 model c/w 2 door?

Search this Thread

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
happy hopping is an unknown quantity at this point
How come none of the 2024 model c/w 2 door?

I can't find any 2 door on Civic or any Honda or even Acura.com, did I miss something? meanwhile, Toyota has a few models that c/w 2 door.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How come none of the 2024 model c/w 2 door?

Declining sales in coupes led to Honda not offering a coupe in the 11th gens. Purely a business move since they observed people not buying coupes like times past.
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

The last year for the Civic coupe was 2020. Low sales ended up killing it. The Accord was offered as a coupe until 2017. Same reason.

I don't think any Acura has been a coupe since the RSX ('02-'06), excluding the NSX of course.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly enough, the two coupes that Toyota offers are models that were collaborations with other car manufacturers
Supra: collab with BMW
BRZ/86: collab with Subaru
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

see for me, I need to carry some items that a 2 door car can fit in from a large object pushing into the car. A 4 door won't fit.

W/ Toyota, I can't find their spec., but their old models are all rear wheel drive, which doesn't work in snow weather.

lexus does have a 2 door, but their car is full automatic, not gear shift. My gear shift is fast enough that I'm ahead by at least 20 car length than the other cars on the other lanes from red light to green light
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Yeah VW killed the coupe GTI and R due to low sales numbers.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happy hopping
W/ Toyota, I can't find their spec., but their old models are all rear wheel drive, which doesn't work in snow weather.
I beg to differ. See flair and location. I drive mine year round as my only car.

But yes, they’re all RWD.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

but among all the brands, Japanese, European etc., how many % is rear wheel in snowy weather?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,202 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

but among all the brands, Japanese, European etc., how many % is rear wheel in snowy weather?
pardon, what?
question does not make sense
Old 2 Weeks Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,129 Likes on 943 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Dont know, dont care. I have a truck and a van
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
David13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, the RSX. It was a nice car.

Yes, long ago people began having kids and so they (all?) wanted a ... four door.

I sure did like my 2004 EX coupe.

I looked all over for a 2015 coupe. Couldn't find any. They became rare some years ago.

They had to look all over southern California to find me the 2004 when I bought it (new).
dc
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Click Here

FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure I see the relevance. Just because they're less common doesn't mean they can't drive in the snow. It means they're less common.

I daily drive an FRS. My old neighbor daily drove an E39 M5. One of my best friends drives an old manual IS300 with a 2J year round. There are several G35's, RWD BMW's, and other assorted RWD cars around me. Of course I see more Civics and Corollas and whatnot in the winter, but that's because there are more Civics and Corollas.

As long as you're set up properly, RWD cars are perfectly adequate in winter.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

MY folks had a Trans AM, which is rear wheel, during 1 winter, due to the nature it's a rear wheel drive, there was a bad car accident. Since then, we don't touch rear wheel
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Click Here

That’s fine, and I’m sorry for your situation. FWD are definitely superior in comparison, but RWD absolutely isn’t *bad*.