Customize your car Post here for any custom modifications you want to to to your car!

Exhaust advice 19 Civic Sport Sedan 2.0L NA Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CosmoTFantastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Exhaust advice 19 Civic Sport Sedan 2.0L NA Sleeper

Hey guys! New to this forum, new to modding Hondas. I recently installed my K&N Intake and am looking to complete the breathing upgrade soon. I'm trying to keep the car looking mostly stock, so I was thinking about just grabbing 3 inches of pipe straight from cat to OEM tip. Will this be enough of a performance boost to make a difference, or should I bite the bullet and buy a kit, sacrificing the OEM tip and stock appearance?

Side note: I'll be posting pics of my baby later. I just now signed up so I could ask this question.
Old 05-03-2021
Click Here

Received 1,157 Likes on 904 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Exhaust advice 19 Civic Sport Sedan 2.0L NA Sleeper

Honestly, you probably won't notice a difference with any of the above options. A kit would be the best option, but it's probably not worth it if that and an intake are your only plans.
Old 05-03-2021
Registered!!

Definitely not my only plans, it's just where I am in the process.

Also, I've noticed a difference already with just the intake, so I'm not sure what you're on about there.

Last edited by CosmoTFantastic; 05-03-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2021
Click Here

FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

I meant you won't notice anything with any of the exhaust options.

New intake is probably just placebo effect. Without a tune, it'll basically just make more noise, Even then, it's negligible
Old 05-03-2021
Registered!!

I mean, I don't know why you gotta come on my first post about my first mod and tell me I can't feel the difference in what I'm doing. If you're not going to contribute something helpful, stfu. Sure hope the rest of this forum isn't like you bro.
Old 05-03-2021
Click Here

Originally Posted by CosmoTFantastic
I mean, I don't know why you gotta come on my first post about my first mod and tell me I can't feel the difference in what I'm doing. If you're not going to contribute something helpful, stfu. Sure hope the rest of this forum isn't like you bro.
I mean, I'm literally contributing something helpful by saying it'll make a negligible difference (which it does), but you do what you want. I am, after all, just a guy sitting behind a computer monitor.
Old 05-04-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

There's nothing wrong with modding your car, but Chez is right. N/A you're not going to notice much of a difference, if any at all, from intake and exhaust work. At least from a performance standpoint. Intake, header, and exhaust upgrades might net you 10 HP.
Old 05-04-2021
Registered!!

Got it. If I can't spend thousands of dollars all at once, it's not worth it. I'll just not get into modding then. Thanks for not answering my question, but showing me that this is not the place to go for actual help. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 05-04-2021
Click Here

Originally Posted by CosmoTFantastic
Got it. If I can't spend thousands of dollars all at once, it's not worth it.
That’s not at ALL what we said, but go on. They’re great supporting mods for bigger stuff, but virtually useless by themselves.

I do agree, perhaps your time is better spent elsewhere. The other forums have guys extracting 2000hp from these engines with just intake and exhaust.

Last edited by FRSam; 05-04-2021 at 08:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021
Registered!!

Man, I’m a certain kind of extra stupid because that's exactly I'm looking for. I wanted a debate about whether or not I can feel a 10-15 HP increase in a car I've put over 40k miles on in 2 years. (Spoiler alert: No, I can’t feel the difference.) Or whether or not upgrading intake and exhaust are worth it, regardless of what else I'm planning on doing, because it’s worth it if I plan on building but not if those are my only mods. But don't you worry, I'm deleting the account here because I can’t understand the difference and it’s making me angry.

Last edited by FRSam; 05-04-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2021
Click Here

Happy we could help

Sorry, I had to fix a typo that was really bugging me
Old 05-04-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

huh...
Why we say that?
Years and years of forum information, some of the answers here are from personal experience...
Honda engines are quite efficient out of the box, intake/exhaust alone really don't yield much gains.
the answers here are honest advise, no matter what you think